Anyone else depressed | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else depressed

storange

2023 Cali Award Rushing Touchdowns
Not about the recent slump but about the BE in Madison Square Garden over. Teams will ebb and flow some but we will never have this again......Its been part of my life.

Not about the recent slump but about the BE in Madison Square Garden over. Teams will ebb and flow some but we will never have this again......Its been part of my life.

The ACC need to get their butts in gear and get their conference tourney in MSG pronto. Hopefully MSG does the right thing and drops the new Big East. No one wants to see Creighton vs. Saint Louis.

Sure its disappointing but I am ready for the ACC and all that it will bring. The ACC tourney next year will be absolutely ridiculous.

I imagine the new Big East will look to sign at least a five-year contract with MSG, much like the A10 recently did with the Barclays Center. The ACC tourney won't be moving to NYC, I'm guessing, for at least six years, if ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It hasn't been the same since the new teams were added and they went to 16. It means more to Marquette now than it does to some of the founders, so it has lost it's luster to me.

Yep, Ill be surprised if that ever flies.
I imagine the new Big East will look to sign at least a five-year contract with MSG, much like the A10 recently did with the Barclays Center. The ACC tourney won't be moving to NYC, I'm guessing, for at least six years, if ever.

Sure its disappointing but I am ready for the ACC and all that it will bring. The ACC tourney next year will be absolutely ridiculous.

Soon it will be time to set up shop at the Denny's in Greensboro.

It hasn't been the same since the new teams were added and they went to 16. It means more to Marquette now than it does to some of the founders, so it has lost it's luster to me.

But it's still much better than the ACC tourney in Greensboro, or Atlanta, or wherever.

Yep - I'm sad that the BE is not the BE anymore too. Too bad money drives the world. Too bad the BE let itself fall apart like it did. It's like losing your 1st girlfriend. Well at least I can say I was there when The Pearl elbowed Ewing in the ribs and then Patrick threw that haymaker that missed, thank god, I'll always have that.

Bye Bye Big East.

Reactions: MGP
Disappointed there wont be anymore BE basketball but excited at the same time to be going to ACC basketball.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Dissapointed of course, but possibly even more dissapointed we're not playing well going into the last Big East Tournament. The final BET needs a Syracuse-Georgetown final. A final with an old CUSA team in it is not the same.

for me, it will never be the same. im happy about the ACC move only due to the alternative, but my staple mid march vacation is over. BET is what i looked forward to every year. ill miss walking around the city in my cuse gear and have strangers yelling at me "cuse" "go cuse" "lets go orange" etc

once the final horn sounds on saturday, im sure ill take a few seconds to relive the last 15 years ive been going to the tournament. then hopefully ill be celebrating late into the night.

Yeah, it really sucks. To dismantle the best conference that ever was in college basketball is something I'll never quite wrap my head around much less my heart.

Heartbroken.
I am firmly convinced that when the definitive history of college basketball is written "The First/Greatest Golden Age" will be clearly defined as the era that spans from the Magic - Bird final four (which roughly co-incides with the birth of ESPN and the BigEast) to the End of this season and the demise of the Big East.
College basketball will continue to be great, but I think it reached it's apex with the rise of the Big East in the 80's and then began a long slow decline culminating last year when Kentucky won a title with a bunch of one and dones.
I think to many people this final Big East tournament is like a wake. Our last chance to remember a loved one and say good-bye properly.
Here's hoping Syracuse gets rolling and turns this into an Irish Wake for all of us!!!

The ACC need to get their butts in gear and get their conference tourney in MSG pronto. Hopefully MSG does the right thing and drops the new Big East. No one wants to see Creighton vs. Saint Louis.

I'm afraid you'll have to convince this guy...

david.morrison@news-record.com
News & Record

GREENSBORO — Greensboro has a powerful supporter for keeping the ACC tournament in town: Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski.
Krzyzewski, on Tuesday’s edition of the “Duke Basketball Report” on GoDuke.com, said he would “like to see the tournament always be in Greensboro.”
“Really, during my 33 years in the conference, nobody does it better — it’s not even close — than the people of Greensboro,” Krzyzewski said. “They put their arms around all the teams. The Sports Council there are great people. They set up an atmosphere there that’s Final Four-ish. It’s classy in every way.”
The ACC tournament is coming to the Greensboro Coliseum for the 24th time in its 60-year history this week and will be played in Greensboro the next two years as well.
Greensboro has hosted the most ACC tournaments. But with Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Notre Dame and Louisville soon to join the league, the thought of moving the tournament’s base has gained support.

ACC commissioner John Swofford has envisioned North Carolina continuing to serve as the base for its host sites with one- or two-year bounce-outs elsewhere.
Greensboro is one of the five sites being considered for the 2016-2021 round of ACC tournaments, along with Charlotte; Tampa, Fla.; Washington; and a bid from Atlanta that involves Philips Arena.
Krzyzewski’s teams have won the ACC tournament six times in Greensboro: in 1986, 1988, 2003, 2006, 2010 and 2011.
He credited his friend and former ACC associate commissioner Fred Barakat, who died in 2010, with helping make the tournament what it is today.
“Fred was just able to add a magical touch and kept our tournament above all the others,” Krzyzewski said. “I love having it in Greensboro.”
Krzyzewski said he hopes the league continues to be mindful of its basketball tradition as it welcomes its new members.
“There’s a lot of history in this tournament. What we’re talking about are traditions,” Krzyzewski said. “That’s why, when we look at our conference, we have to make sure the tradition of basketball excellence is continued to be promoted, to remember it. The conference was founded because of outstanding basketball.
“I know we’ve got a lot of new guys coming in, but I would like to see the tournament always be in Greensboro. I’ve said it publicly many times, outside of Durham, I love Greensboro. But I love Durham a lot more.”

I'm just glad I got to experience it for more than 30 years.

I feel sorry for people who are younger who may have only been to a few tournaments or those who may have never seen one at all.

It's been special.

in a way, could care less that the 'big east tourny' is dead, but i get what you mean.

i do care that Syracuse will not be playing in it every god damn year. that was the true allure. the ability to put on the schedule, a thurs (and then a wed...and then a tues)-sat where a whole bunch of my friends and family would be hitting the City for ridiculous amounts of debauchery, was comforting and awesome.

the comfort and safety of knowing, that whatever else is going on in my life, for 3 or 4 days in march...Syracuse hoop is in the City, is gone. and id have to say that most of the people ive met on this board, was not done at a tailgate, but at the BET.

so no easy access to Syracuse and all that it brings...yeah, that saddens me.

I think that's a big part of it. It's not just the tourney. It's about getting together with friends, friends who you may have met because of the BE tourney. I don't suspect I'll be running into them in Greensboro, but I don't expect to ever attend a tourney in Greensboro. Send me a postcard, Coach K.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom