Anyone else depressed | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else depressed

The Big East died in 2003 when Miami, Va Tech, and BC left. I was really sad and depressed about it then, much moreso than I am now. The writing was on the wall and everything since then has just been an inevitable and predictable slow decay, leaving behind a crumbling carcass of crap.

Dissapointed of course, but possibly even more dissapointed we're not playing well going into the last Big East Tournament. The final BET needs a Syracuse-Georgetown final. A final with an old CUSA team in it is not the same.

That CUSA final is exactly what I want (knowing there is not a grt chance we can make it). I'm nostalgic enough about the BE. A CUSA final will piss me off enough to make the break.

44cuse

Big East football died in 2003. Virginia Tech and Miami brought nothing to BE basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big part of my life. New chapter will be exciting, but I like to think of the evolution of the BE like Rock and Roll exploding on to the scene. The BE rising to prominence vaulted college basketball into the stratosphere. Hard to explain for those too young to have lived through it. I don't think we'll ever see again anything like those golden days, just like we'll never see another Elvis or Beatles...

Not that there is anything wrong with that......

Absolutely nothing. St. Louis is ranked ahead of us and they're a Top 25 team. Should definitely watch them. :)

44cuse

The Big East died in 2003 when Miami, Va Tech, and BC left. I was really sad and depressed about it then, much moreso than I am now. The writing was on the wall and everything since then has just been an inevitable and predictable slow decay, leaving behind a crumbling carcass of crap.

2005, 2006, and 2009 have happened since that reshuffling.

I'm sadder now.

It hasn't been the same for me since the likes of DePaul and USF joined. I'm more depressed at the moment about our team being an embarrassment. This should be a wide open March Madness and they've taken away my zest and some might say might zeal for the NCAA Tourney. I am zestless, and zealless (really?) with bracket filling just around the corner. I'm guessing SU will win a game and be done in both the BET and NCAA. Who knows, maybe they'll get hot and gel at the last minute. If not I guess I can hope for the UCSB Gauchos to go far.

The ACC needs to sign a long term deal with the Verizon Center and make D.C. the Capitol City of Basketball.

Central location in the ACC territory, easy to get to by air and rail, and a fun city to hang out in.

Doesn't hurt to have the President in attendance at your tournament either.

Big East football died in 2003. Virginia Tech and Miami brought nothing to BE basketball.

Their collective contribution to BE basketball is irrelevant. The conference as a whole fractured because of the hit football took.

My nephew has never been alive for a BET and even he's bummed about it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363186727.768299.jpg

I've attended many BETs beginning with my first in 1988. Always looked forward to it even if watching on TV. Will really miss it. But I'm excited by what's ahead in the ACC. Like Swoffy said yesterday, the competition in basketball with the arrival of the BE teams will be brutal. Yep, with UNC, Duke, Cuse, Pitt, Ville, ND, NC State it is going to be great. And I wouldn't be surprised if the ACCT eventually moves to the big stage in MSG.

I am definitely going to miss the BET-Don't know if the ACC Tournament will bring that same excitement for a while. It's going to have to take some time to grow on me. Though SU had to make the move, I'm less excited about the move than most

I am definitely going to miss the BET-Don't know if the ACC Tournament will bring that same excitement for a while. It's going to have to take some time to grow on me. Though SU had to make the move, I'm less excited about the move than most
Is this cuseguy posting under a different name? ;)

My college roommate and I started going in 1983. I went most years after that, interrupted by law school. Then one of my law school housemates lived in Manhattan after graduation. The three of us went, in some way shape or form, almost every year from 1989 on.
The year of the 6OT, they both died, one of Pancratic cancer in April, the other from a car accident in September. My presence at the BET has been melancholy at best since then. It will be very strange not to have an annual pilgrimage to pay tribute to my 2 best friends. I miss them especially at this time of year.

I didn't think there was anyone less excited than me with the exception of my friend Dave. He makes me seem pro ACC.

I didn't think there was anyone less excited than me with the exception of my friend Dave. He makes me seem pro ACC.

My middle name is David-Coincidence?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom