Anyone else feel like this... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else feel like this...

The loss sucks but overall I thought Rex played well. Yes there are things he could work on but I felt the offense moved better today than all season. We were actually able to sustain some drivers. The team did not need to rely on deep throws to score.
the te were very good as was tucker--queeley is an excellent receiver. he was used more this game.

He didn't tear his ACL, he injured it. He could play right now if he wanted to. I do not blame him for looking to his future.

You've seen his MRI's and X-rays and know the full extent of his injury? Do tell.

Next thing you'll be telling us that Dak Prescott only "injured" his ankle and he could have kept playing if he wanted to.

I really wish we had some recievers that were good enough to put Taj on the bench. Everything about him screams punk.

He is and will continue to be a punk until someone puts a stop to it. The fact that Dino has let him run amuck for 2 and a half season and hasn’t done anything about it is telling. It shouldn’t come to the AD forcing him to discipline one of his players. It’s not shocking to me that we are always amongst the most penalized teams in football every season under Baber’s.

He is and will continue to be a punk until someone puts a stop to it. The fact that Dino has let him run amuck for 2 and a half season and hasn’t done anything about it is telling. It shouldn’t come to the AD forcing him to discipline one of his players. It’s not shocking to me that we are always amongst the most penalized teams in football every season under Baber’s.
And it's not just when he is targeted on a pass play. There was one play early in the game where it completely looked like he let up as Rex was throwing it because he was going over the middle and may get nailed on the catch. The commentators said he made a good play getting his hand on the ball to prevent an interception.

Bingo, Dino needs to get some more dogs who are hungry

If you think Cisco isn't hungry and didn't want it, IDK what to tell you. You don't become an AA by not being hungry.

Re: the video, even if it was made in August, so what? We were literally on a day to day basis with the ACC playing this season. Would it have been a problem then if he opted out had the year been cancelled?

Yep, the Eric Dungey leadership and gung ho mentality is lacking

His gung ho mentality is why he'll be lucky to sniff a practice squad. I like him just as much as other posters on here do, but his recklessness with his body is why he can't get a look despite the career he had and skill set.

He didn't tear his ACL, he injured it. He could play right now if he wanted to. I do not blame him for looking to his future.

Cisco tore his ACL. He’s been in Florida for over a week. Surgery is done too... he was never coming back.

If Cisco tore his ACL he is going to fall a lot in the draft.
He will be more of a project than ready to come in and learn a new system.
ACL tears take 6 to 9 months to fully rehab and then another 12 months after that to get full strength back.

That bleeping sucks if he tore his ACL.
No way he will run at the combine or do anything.
He should stay in school let the school rehab him and then go to the combine healthy in 2022.

Don’t play next year in college but get healthy on SU’s dime.
If he goes pro with a tore ACL I bet he goes later than the 4th round.

Wow didn't know it was a tear. Damn. What crap timing for him. I occasionally look at mock drafts and I have seen him as high as #6 in the first round to the bottom of the second round. An ACL would definitely impact that range.
For anyone ignorantly implying that he was not "hungry enough ", you should probably . It is well known that Cisco was always first in the gym, first in the morning looking at film, praised often by the staff. I would wager he was more dedicated to his craft than some of us on this board. So give it a break.

Yeah and that will contribute to producing these type of results

Empowering players and allowing them agency in the middle of a pandemic is a net good ... those that think winning this year is more important than the health and safety of the players and their families are high on sports in an unhealthy way.

I hate losing, but it’s just a game.

I don’t believe it was a tear. I believe he sprained it. Bad enough to sideline him for a few weeks and enough to scare him that he was going to lose a lot of money by playing and potentially getting hurt on a team that was trending downwards.

Cisco, is a great hard working kid. Always ready to fight and always brought energy to the defense.

If it truly is a tear he is making a MASSIVE mistake by entering into the draft. His stock is going to absolutely plummet. He will be a 6th or 7th round pick at best. An acl tear in some cases is care ending. The reason I don’t believe it was a tear is because he wouldn’t leave Syracuse. He would let them take care of his ACL, pay for it, rehab it etc. Come back next season to prove he has no long lasting effects from it.

I could be completely wrong but...

Either way, I don’t blame him for leaving. He is a stud player and I hope for his sake it wasn’t a tear.

The loss sucks but overall I thought Rex played well. Yes there are things he could work on but I felt the offense moved better today than all season. We were actually able to sustain some drivers. The team did not need to rely on deep throws to score.
Respectfully, a 50% completion rate is not playing well.

Reactions: FAL
There is zero discipline from the coaches. Zero. And it shows in the penalties the antics from the receivers and general feel.

You know this how?

His gung ho mentality is why he'll be lucky to sniff a practice squad. I like him just as much as other posters on here do, but his recklessness with his body is why he can't get a look despite the career he had and skill set.

His hung ho mentality was also a leadership quality of putting the team on his back and doing whatever it takes to make a play good with the bad. His replacement doesn't have half of what Dungey had. Who gives a damn if he isn't in the NfL, isn't this about what he did at Syracuse? You think he would let Harris show him up, or run into an olinemen and turtle and fall down? I guarantee you this if Dungey was on this team right now and Devito was healthy Babers wouldn't think twice about having Dungey start.

Actually, I think it's his skill set why he can't get a look. He was/is not a NFL caliber passer. It was all the other stuff that made him special in college. It caused him to get hurt a lot, but without it, he doesn't have the same impact on the game.

Actually, I think it's his skill set why he can't get a look. He was/is not a NFL caliber passer. It was all the other stuff that made him special in college. It caused him to get hurt a lot, but without it, he doesn't have the same impact on the game.
This.

The guy embodies “great in college, but won’t last in the pros.” He was an pretty good runner and an “eh” passer. That’s a dual thread in college. It’s nothing in the pros. You have to be elite in one area or the other to get by.

I’m just glad he got the 2018 season. He deserves a lot more, but at least he got that.

Reactions: FAL
You know this how?
I have not read one media report that it is a torn ACL. Only read injured ACL. If you can provide an article that it is torn then great. Until then it is an injury.

I have not read one media report that it is a torn ACL. Only read injured ACL. If you can provide an article that it is torn then great. Until then it is an injury.
Tommys Dad just told you you were mistaken. Think as you will.

Well an injured ACL is torn, even if it isn't a complete tear. That's how ligaments work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom