Anyone else here going to the Michigan game? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else here going to the Michigan game?

Just hit up Main Street and you can't go wrong - lots of great bars, restaurants, and cool shops. The law quad is the prettiest part of campus.

Flying on this guy?

maxresdefault.jpg

I think the guys chartered a G-4. Whatever it is, I just hope it can get back into White Plains at midnight or whenever. The weather forecast is, shall we say, dicey.

I think the guys chartered a G-4. Whatever it is, I just hope it can get back into White Plains at midnight or whenever. The weather forecast is, shall we say, dicey.
Gulfstream 450. Very nice ride.

Arent all airports K---?

Syr is the syracuse code, but on flight aware it is KSYR so is KATL

Yep. All airports in the continental U.S. begin with K when referring to the ICAO 4-letter codes. Hawaii and Alaska begin with P. It's basically a country thing. Canada's airports all begin with C for the ICAO 4-letter code (and also all begin with Y for the IATA 3-letter code), Japan's begin with R, etc. With the U.S., we just tack on a K or a P to the IATA code to get the ICAO code (MCO becomes KMCO), and with Canada they tack on a C to the IATA code (YYZ becomes CYYZ), but that isn't the case with a lot of other countries. Tokyo Narita's IATA code is NRT, but the ICAO code is RJAA. London Heathrow's IATA code is LHR, but ICAO is EGLL. I much prefer the IATA codes myself. I hate the ICAO codes...lol.

Yep. All airports in the continental U.S. begin with K when referring to the ICAO 4-letter codes. Hawaii and Alaska begin with P. It's basically a country thing. Canada's airports all begin with C for the ICAO 4-letter code (and also all begin with Y for the IATA 3-letter code), Japan's begin with R, etc. With the U.S., we just tack on a K or a P to the IATA code to get the ICAO code (MCO becomes KMCO), and with Canada they tack on a C to the IATA code (YYZ becomes CYYZ), but that isn't the case with a lot of other countries. Tokyo Narita's IATA code is NRT, but the ICAO code is RJAA. London Heathrow's IATA code is LHR, but ICAO is EGLL. I much prefer the IATA codes myself. I hate the ICAO codes...lol.

That's my preference as well...

Homer-BlankStare-1.gif