Anyone else see Coach K chew out the Cameron Crazies for taunting Jeff Capel and Pitt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else see Coach K chew out the Cameron Crazies for taunting Jeff Capel and Pitt

A friend was at the game and he immediately texted me after the incident, which I didn’t notice since I had already switched to a news program. Here are his texts, which I thought were amusing: “K just viciously dressed down the student section. Looked like a near stroke event. Don’t know what they were chanting. Mayor Pete for Prez?” “He walked across the floor, got in their faces and spit pure rage. Apoplectic! Will try to find out.” “Slamming his fist repeatedly into his outraged chest.“

Larry is a fanatical Duke fan, has season tickets, but he does not like Coach K. And he hasn’t for years.

You know, if anything's worth staging a boycott over (and I'm not much of a boycott guy), it'd send a pretty nice message to that unhinged lunatic to play a couple home games in a dead gym with an empty student section.
It'd be reasonable for those kids to not want to support his team after that weird display.

"Hey, want to spend a bunch of money and wait around outside to get in to basketball game where a 75-year-old nut will launch a spittle-flying profane rant at us?"

"Nah, man, I'm good."

I LOL'D on two levels

- those turds getting yelled at.
- Coach K acting all virtuous, when he has been a poor sport on multiple occasions the past 40 years.
FIFY. To this day, he insists Ralph Sampson played the whole game in a 109-66 blowout in the 1983 ACC tournament when the official score sheet shows he played 14 minutes. He built the whole Duke ethos on this fantasy.

I think announcers said it was "sit with us" directed at Jeff Capel. No idea what that means. I know Capel was a great player with Duke but I still don't get it.

"He's one of us."

Similar to when Bobby Knight got bent out of shape at the Northwestern fans chanting “Hoosier daddy” and he thought they were chanting “whose your daddy“. Must be an old man thing

1580329128561.png

Coach K was in Monster House?