Anyone else think we dont lose by 35 this week? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else think we dont lose by 35 this week?

Marsh01

Living Legend
I think we actually will stay within 21-24 points of USC this weekend. Kind of like last years game. Now that may be because they call off the dogs but I think we will show up and play a pretty solid game this weekend. I mean this is our closest thing to a NC game we are going to get.

The people who pay their mortgages by being right, don't think we lose by 35 points this week.

we can NOT settle for field goals when we get into the red zone. Only way we will be able to compete with them.
I hope Raymon is available this week, USC didn't run the ball very well against hawaii. (they didn't need to though)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Kiffin will not be calling off the dogs. They'll want style points. Might work out in our favor. If they don't dominate early, they might panic under the pressure to make a splash in this game and keep up with Alabama.

Im in agreement. This is going to be similar to the Washington and USC games of the last couple of years. They'll pull away but we're going to hang around for a little bit longer than they want us to. Very few times under HCDM have we been completely out of games early

I don't know. This SU team can score points and I think USC's defense might be a little vulnerable. SU might be able to play with this team better then you might think. This team is designed for a shoot out. It could be fun

This is the East Coast Heisman tour for Barkley. USC will be looking to make a major statement. I hope SU can keep within 29.

I think SU is capable of playing much better than forecast and can throw a serious scare into USC. If we can play with the same intensity as against NW we can run USC into their second & third team players that are much closer to SU in skill level than their first team. USC will score but I believe SU can score as well. It really could be a fun game if we can stay in it for a while.

I think we actually will stay within 21-24 points of USC this weekend. Kind of like last years game. Now that may be because they call off the dogs but I think we will show up and play a pretty solid game this weekend. I mean this is our closest thing to a NC game we are going to get.

I think we are going to keep it closer than people expect. Wouldn't surprise me to see USC look past us a bit, plus our kids being sky high to play them. I don't think we can win, I'm hoping for a reasonably competitive game.

But no way in hell we lose by 35. Those days are done. .

I've seen enough games to know that anything can happen, though the odds are much greater that we lose by a LOT than win.

If we make the same kind of horrific mistakes as we did against N'Western the score will get ghastly.

Cross your fingers.

I think we are going to keep it closer than people expect. Wouldn't surprise me to see USC look past us a bit, plus our kids being sky high to play them. I don't think we can win, I'm hoping for a reasonably competitive game.

But no way in hell we lose by 35. Those days are done. .

Agreed. I don't think any game is out of reach. Yes USC is ridiculously talented, but stranger things have happened. USC wins 38-24.

I don't know. This SU team can score points and I think USC's defense might be a little vulnerable. SU might be able to play with this team better then you might think. This team is designed for a shoot out. It could be fun

Their SECONDARY is "a little vulnerable" ...but will nassib have the time to push it around? I expect a lot of pressure, and he's not been great in a collapsing pocket in the past...remains to be seen. Though I am optimistic that they stay competitive into the 3rd, and because of the scoring ability of this offense this is an exciting game through to the end, no reason to be embarrassed as an SU fan on Sept. 8th.

We've got them right where we want them... :cool:

the USC style plays into out strength and it did last year too.. the DB's blew a couple coverages in man that led to some easy pts. we are much deeper in the dline and we are not travelin cross country. can we stop shooting our selves is the question. small crowd in big stadium always helps the Dog..

how can anyone have usc above alabama

i don't think i've ever seen a unit so much more impressive than the next best.

that didn't come out right but you know what i mean. there are lots of good offenses now that might be way better than average but clearly better than each other , but there's only one defense like bama.

they've given up 400 yards only twice since the start of 08. last year their per play avg was 19% better than #2 LSU. unreal.

Hope we keep it closer than last year. We are playing a team with probably 20 NFL draft picks, many first rounders. We will need them to be jet lagged and turn the ball over to have a chance.

We played 'em tough last year. We lost by three touchdowns, all long passes against our rather poor secondary. We are better this year. That performance Saturday would have beaten last year's SU team 11 times in 12 games.

But I think that if a mid-level team like SU plays a top team like USC twice, one reasonably competitive game is all we will get out of it and we had that last year.

I have a feeling that they are going to be surprized at how good we are this year but a feeling is all it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom