Anyone else worried about McDonald? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else worried about McDonald?

Pearl309

Hall of Fame
Not that I REALLY am, but the last half of last year, we were in such a groove offensively, that I can't help but think this offense will be a letdown. No idea.

Yes he is new. My fear is that he doesnt stick to what is working but rather tries to show his genius by running every play in the book.

We also have different playmakers in key positions....it will have to take half the season before judgement "should" be served

I think McD will be fine.It won't be pretty at times as the players will be new to the scheme and verbiage but that always happens to some degree at the start of the season. I think we will see a lot of new things and it should be fun.
Go Orange!

It's a very valid question. I've read a lot of talk about McDonald and his recruiting, twitter, etc but nothing really on if he can actually call plays. The only thing that keeps me from really worrying is that he's called played for one season earlier in his career. But who knows.

Jerome up the middle on 1st & 2nd down. Screen or slant pass on 3rd down. Punt on 4th down.
Throw them off a couple of times with a quick kick on 3rd, or even 2nd, down.

As long as I don't see Allen/Hunt hop during his dropback, I think we'll be fine.

Didn't he call plays for Bill Cubit?

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=bill...c.1.23.youtube-reduced..0.15.1767.AappM8vLPok
Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Not that I REALLY am, but the last half of last year, we were in such a groove offensively, that I can't help but think this offense will be a letdown. No idea.

More worried about Bullough's game calling. Yes, I know he was the coordinator at UCLA. It hasn't had a lot of play here, but his ratings were Robinsonesque the year he was fired.

McDonald...who really knows. But I have this feeling that he is going to be a big success.

I am sure the love affair with Shafer and his staff will be over around 7 pm tonight. Unless of course we win convincingly. Nobody can live up to these expectations.

Not worried about Shafer/ Bullough on d at all. Shafer will have his hands in it still big time regardless of what has been said, what is he suppose to say? That he will micromanage his coordinators.

I am much more worried about the offense than the d... Lester will be a huge help for GMC.

If I see a huddle, I will worry. I didn't care for the team huddling when they got to the goal line last year either. Keep your foot on the accelerator.

Jerome up the middle on 1st & 2nd down. Screen or slant pass on 3rd down. Punt on 4th down.
Throw them off a couple of times with a quick kick on 3rd, or even 2nd, down.

Run Jerome until he pukes. Then run PTG a few.

Who was the Offensive Coach that was 'Overwhelmed' during the spring game??

I worry about him.

60k at Giants Stadiuim on ABC v the ped st nambla lions is little more intimidating than being in front of 60 at Coyne Field v the 2nd string D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom