Anyone else... | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else...

HakAttack

Shirt World Hater, Script Jersey Lover.
...not buying Miami as a legit #1 seed? ESPN.com is anointing them as "the best team in America..."

No Good OOC wins other than Michigan State (who always stumbles early)

With OOC losses to Florida Gulf Coast (yikes), Indiana St, and Zona.

They're playing in a year when the ACC is perhaps the fourth or fifth best conference in the country (BE, B10, B12 - depends how you rank the PAC12/SEC). The ACC is crap this year.

I think they're way overrated and will flame out in March. The only reason they're getting so much love is because they stomped #1 Duke on national tv.

Thoughts?

Lots of seniors on their team, which could help them in March. That said, it remains to be seen if they are a legit Final Four contender. They probably have as good a shot as several other teams in a year with no elite squads, though.

That said, you're right--the ACC is definitely down this year. That has helped Miami's cause.

Miami is very, very good. Coming on and gelling. They are certainly one of the serious contenders for April hoops.

Thing is, I think you can say that about 30 teams.

What other ACC team beat both Duke and Carolina by >20 in that same season?

I am pretty sure only answer is Miami 2013

Miami will most likely be a 2 seed when all is said and done. Their lack of NCAA experience could hurt them in the Dance, though.

Miami is the real deal.

I feel better about my post now. I think Marsh has seen some hoops before and might have an idea...

Miami is the real deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are a good story right now, seniors and all. I wonder if Frank Haith could effect them if not now, later?

Their lack of experience wont matter. They have a great coach who knows what it takes to win in march.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

...not buying Miami as a legit #1 seed? ESPN.com is anointing them as "the best team in America..."

No Good OOC wins other than Michigan State (who always stumbles early)

With OOC losses to Florida Gulf Coast (yikes), Indiana St, and Zona.

They're playing in a year when the ACC is perhaps the fourth or fifth best conference in the country (BE, B10, B12 - depends how you rank the PAC12/SEC). The ACC is crap this year.

I think they're way overrated and will flame out in March. The only reason they're getting so much love is because they stomped #1 Duke on national tv.

Thoughts?
I think they will be a 1, I understand your argument though.

They are good. They also start 4 seniors and bring another two off the bench (I believe).

Great PG, scoring 2G and two beasts down low. Really good team who I will be penciling in to the Final Four barring a terrible match-up or injury.

4 teams have to be 1 seeds and it seems no one wants to be so sure Miami in a weak ACC can be one.

Duke will be #1 again in the new poll so that will help Miami's case even more. I think Miami moves up to #4 in the new poll behind Duke, Zona, and Indiana. If Miami can continue hitting 3's like they have been they will be very dangerous.

With that said, however, I also agree that the ACC is incredibly sucky this year and wins over Duke and UNC just don't mean as much as they would have in years past. Then again Miami didn't just beat those teams, they ran over them with the team bus and then backed up and hit them again. That's a pretty impressive feat, particularly against Duke and Coach K. Not so impressive against a sucky UNC team with Roy the hack Williams.

Miami is good but they are a one-year wonder. They are this Year's San Diego State. Loaded with upperclassmen. Next year all those guys are gone and because they are not Duke or UNC or Syracuse, they do not have the blue-chips coming in to replace those players and/or their experience.

They're a good team sure, but like SDSU, the lack of tourney experience will hurt them.

Hurricane fans should enjoy this season's ride because once its over, it's back to the middle if the pack for 'The U'.

Ill tell you what, after watching their game yesterday I don't want to play them. Granted they were getting some wide open looks, North Carolina's Defense was awful. They were knocking down their shots though. The questions is was that because they were on national television, sold out crowd, against a name North Carolina (who is not very good this year). Would they be able to do that with our pressure Defense, in March, at a neutral site (pro orange crowd)? Idk but if they shoot like they did yesterday on a regular basis I would be really scared.

How does Miami go from unranked preseason to #2 or #3 or so this week? Goes to show you what these preseason rankings are worth - squat. Just like Kentucky was ranked #3 preseason.

Miami is good but they are a one-year wonder. They are this Year's San Diego State. Loaded with upperclassmen. Next year all those guys are gone and because they are not Duke or UNC or Syracuse, they do not have the blue-chips coming in to replace those players and/or their experience.

They're a good team sure, but like SDSU, the lack of tourney experience will hurt them.

Hurricane fans should enjoy this season's ride because once its over, it's back to the middle if the pack for 'The U'.

Not only are they good but Larranaga is a very good coach. I also like them going deep in the Tourney if they don't get a bad matchup. With Larranaga there they will be good. They have a 4 star guy for 2013 and another 4 star guy committed for 2014. They are in the mix for some other big names as well. Their ride won't be over.

#2 RPI. #1 SOS. Most top 100 wins.

No, that's not a #1 resume.

Lack of tourney experience? Why does that matter? In this age of college hoops, how many teams are loaded w/tourney experience? Seniors who have been around the block, with or without tourney playing time, are a lot more valuable that younger guys without that experience or even players who played a few games in March. Miami has talent, inside/outside ability, rebounding, good guards, good coaching...all of which are more important than subjective tourney experience.

Did that lack of experience hurt UK last year? SU in 2003? Larranaga's George Mason team?

I just think that they're not as good as everyone's makin them out to be.

Sure they've definitely come on strong, but they have a few What OOC losses.

Sorry, but I'm not ready to anoint them in a year when the only other good ACC team is Duke and traditionally good to great teams such as UNC, Maryland, NC State and WF/GT suck.

Beating Duke, NC State and UNC all in one year in ACC play is not impressive when two of those three teams absolutely suck.

I know GL is a great coach, but this is not a final four team IMO.

4 teams have to be 1 seeds and it seems no one wants to be so sure Miami in a weak ACC can be one.

Can't see ACC getting two 1's, not with how bad the conference is