Anyone hear Boeheim’s response to not playing Braswell? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone hear Boeheim’s response to not playing Braswell?

well... JB gonna JB
This is the same guy who made his kids return his Christmas present which was an I phone. His attitude isnt aging well. At this point he should be grateful to still be in good health, coaching his Son and basically loving life.

On Brent Axe’s show his response was that he’s not playing 8-9 guys in big games. I have no words right now honestly.
I’m a big JB fan and yes, it’s a long season so things can change. But if this season ends up as another “rinse & repeat” w/ a 7-man rotation, and an unwillingness to at least TRY something different, then I’d have to start reevaluating my allegiance.
There are absolutely zero excuses why Braswell did not get any run last night, NONE. Everyone else was chucking jumpers, so why not bring him in to try a few? Why. The. . Not? What if he was hot? Ridiculous.

I’m a big JB fan and yes, it’s a long season so things can change. But if this season ends up as another “rinse & repeat” w/ a 7-man rotation, and an unwillingness to at least TRY something different, then I’d have to start reevaluating my allegiance.
There are absolutely zero excuses why Braswell did not get any run last night, NONE. Everyone else was chucking jumpers, so why not bring him in to try a few? Why. The. . Not? What if he was hot? Ridiculous.
same

This is the same guy who made his kids return his Christmas present which was an I phone. His attitude isnt aging well. At this point he should be grateful to still be in good health, coaching his Son and basically loving life.
He did what? First I heard about that.

How’d you find out?
It was in an article. Might have been the post standard. Actually a good read. Mostly positive just pointed out how stubborn he is.
JBs a good egg. He depended so much on Mike and they really had a great thing going until the end. JB will never replace Mike and at his age he isnt about to change so it is what it is.

Quincy is the best inside presence this team has. He will need to play as the season progresses. Cannot fathom how this does not seem obvious to "the coaching staff" already, though

On Brent Axe’s show his response was that he’s not playing 8-9 guys in big games. I have no words right now honestly.

Especially after Braswell played so well in practice the week before the UVa game.

I only watched the first half but all I saw from QG in that time was heaving up long, contested and off balance jumpers. Since the team only scored 15 points in the 2nd half I can't imagine that got any better. Would it really hurt to take QG out for a few minutes to see what Braswell could do?

I only watched the first half but all I saw from QG in that time was heaving up long, contested and off balance jumpers. Since the team only scored 15 points in the 2nd half I can't imagine that got any better. Would it really hurt to take QG out for a few minutes to see what Braswell could do?

everybody was chucking

Why play Girard and Marek that much? Because to beat that defense, you have to be able to break them down with the pass. Carey and Braswell are not going to help the offense move the ball the way the other two can (not that it happened). But you can see the thread there.

What else is stupid is running the starters out for the start of the second half when clearly that combination wasn’t working. But hey, let’s waste another 3 minutes of trying it again.
But JB is the ‘master of halftime adjustments,’ so he may have been operating under the assumption that his immaculate guidance during the break would have led to turnaround. Besides that, it’s hard to make a case for deciding all of a sudden that the kids you’ve already decided aren’t ‘as ready’ are actually more ready than the starters.

QG only played like 13 minutes as it is.

Marek and Hughes both played all 40. Braswell could’ve taken 10 of Marek’s and 5 of Hughes’s, IMO, and things would not have been noticeably worse(how could they be?), and possibly could’ve been better if he hit a few shots.

QG only played like 13 minutes as it is.

Marek and Hughes both played all 40. Braswell could’ve taken 10 of Marek’s and 5 of Hughes’s, IMO, and things would not have been noticeably worse(how could they be?), and possibly could’ve been better if he hit a few shots.
For me, it's not even about having a better chance to win that particular game. Braswell wasn't going to win it for us. It was about seeing whether he could even get solid shots or help defensively. Just to know whether he should or shouldn't be playing. But, hey—JB, in his 'great and unmatched wisdom,' has seen him in practice and already knows.

But JB is the ‘master of halftime adjustments,’ so he may have been operating under the assumption that his immaculate guidance during the break would have led to turnaround. Besides that, it’s hard to make a case for deciding all of a sudden that the kids you’ve already decided aren’t ‘as ready’ are actually more ready than the starters.
They usually stay in the locker room for about two minutes before they are back on the court. Not much time to make any adjustments.

For me, it's not even about having a better chance to win that particular game. Braswell wasn't going to win it for us. It was about seeing whether he could even get solid shots or help defensively. Just to know whether he should or shouldn't be playing. But, hey—JB, in his 'great and unmatched wisdom,' has seen him in practice and already knows.

We surely weren't winning with who was on the floor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom