Anyone know how much freedom Nassib is given at the | Syracusefan.com

Anyone know how much freedom Nassib is given at the

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
line of scrimmage, audible, changing plays, etc. Just curious, it seems that is a growing trend as well in today's game, much more freedom for some of these QB's

Really? I would argue the opposite. After everyone is set on the LOS, the QB's are always looking at the sidelines in these spread offenses. The coach controls everything they do.

Really? I would argue the opposite. After everyone is set on the LOS, the QB's are always looking at the sidelines in these spread offenses. The coach controls everything they do.

I think a lot of those qb's are going to the line with more than 1 play after that though, I know this is true in the Holgorsen/ Leach type offense that is being utilized at Ok St, Houston, and WVU

I think Nassib gets a fair amount. I believe Graham said that Nassib changed the play to the fade for the TD based on what he saw from the defense.

line of scrimmage, audible, changing plays, etc. Just curious, it seems that is a growing trend as well in today's game, much more freedom for some of these QB's
I suspect he has options on every play.

I hate that btw. When teams line up and then stare at the sideline for the play. To me, that screams "I have no confidence in my players that they can tell what's happening on the field" from coaches.

I hate that btw. When teams line up and then stare at the sideline for the play. To me, that screams "I have no confidence in my players that they can tell what's happening on the field" from coaches.
Thats how a lot of teams signal in plays now. Even at lower levels. Our high school and in fact my son's 8th grade team does that. The entire team has wrist bands with the plays on it. Coach signals the play in from the sideline, the entire team checks their wrist band and then gets set. Doesn't take as much time as signaling in the play to the QB and then having him enter the huddle and call the play. Many signals represent multiple plays and then the QB calls which one from the line of scrimmage after he sees the defensive alignment. One huge benefit is being able to still signal in plays during a hurry up offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom