Anyone know Lyle McCombs status for Friday? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone know Lyle McCombs status for Friday?

he didn't play against Temple. wrist injury.

Did he hurt it smacking his girlfriend around? If so, he might not play their first series.

I don't care. We lose to backups with the same frequency we lose to starters - maybe even moreso.

Wrist is in cast but he can now hold the ball and will probably play.

Here are news and notes from Pasqualoni’s weekly press conference.
*Running back Lyle McCombs should play this Saturday after sitting out last week with an injured left wrist. The problem was McCOmbs’ cast and ball security. The soft cast on his left wrist is off and the staff will look how he carries the ball this week. He was unable to grip the ball in his left arm well enough last week and Pasqualoni decided not to play him.
“I would put (McCombs) in the category of probable,” Pasqualoni said. ” The swelling is calmed down and he is healing. We will be able to adjust the cast and allow him to grip the ball and have ball security.

“We are going to see how he carries it (Monday) in practice. We will watch it closely. The problem last week is he couldn’t grip the three points of the ball. You have to claw the ball. It was restrictive last week, now it’s healed to the point where we can trim (the cast) back and allow him to grip the ball more.​

*Running back Lyle McCombs should play this Saturday after sitting out last week with an injured left wrist. The problem was McCOmbs’ cast and ball security. The soft cast on his left wrist is off and the staff will look how he carries the ball this week. He was unable to grip the ball in his left arm well enough last week and Pasqualoni decided not to play him.
“I would put (McCombs) in the category of probable,” Pasqualoni said. ” The swelling is calmed down and he is healing. We will be able to adjust the cast and allow him to grip the ball and have ball security.​
“We are going to see how he carries it (Monday) in practice. We will watch it closely. The problem last week is he couldn’t grip the three points of the ball. You have to claw the ball. It was restrictive last week, now it’s healed to the point where we can trim (the cast) back and allow him to grip the ball more.​
I hope he plays Saturday...might be intramural flag football, however.

Well ... maybe his status is now "single" ... after reading that, that is all I can deduce ...

He will likely play, but it likely won't matter. GDL is not letting the OL do what they do best. And after PP embarrassed himself by sitting McCombs for a whole quarter I'm just dying to get to December. Was thinking about coming up for this game but reconsidered. Fans and players are ready to revolt. We will test your ability to lose games Friday night.

I see this as a 27-6 type of game. We are in dumpster fire mode.

He will likely play, but it likely won't matter. GDL is not letting the OL do what they do best. And after PP embarrassed himself by sitting McCombs for a whole quarter I'm just dying to get to December. Was thinking about coming up for this game but reconsidered. Fans and players are ready to revolt. We will test your ability to lose games Friday night.

Dumpster fire ... hmmm ... you might want to share that with W Va ... they waste so many damn couches ...

We need UConn fans to show up...the way it looks we might only have 25k there...going to look MAC-riffic seeing all the silver. Maybe Cuse should hand out Thundersticks to distract the TV viewing into thinking we have more fans than there is.

UConn running back Lyle McCombs’ left wrist continues to improve and UConn coach Paul Pasqualoni said on Wednesday that McCombs is good to go and will play on Friday against Syracuse.
McCombs, a second team All-Big East performer last season, leads the Huskies with 451 yards rushing in six games after missing last weeks 17-14 overtime loss to Temple.
McCombs dressed last week, but Pasqualoni held him out because he was worried about McCombs gripping the ball with his left hand. This week, with a smaller cast on the wrist, McCombs has made sufficient enough progress that Pasqualoni said he plans on playing him.
“He looks good,” Pasqualoni said. “I would say that he looks good and he is going to play.”
That’s not to say that the UConn running attack will revert for form with a workhorse back in McCombs. Redshirt freshman Max Delorenzo showed some promise in his first start with 91 yards and there is also short-yardage back Martin Hyppolite and true freshman speedster Joe Williams.
There isn’t a set number of carries, but the Huskies are going to have the stable of backs ready to play.

McCombs and our 2 yards and a cloud of dust offense are headed your direction.
You guys will beat us by at least 3 TDs. Our defense is good but they get worn out from basically never leaving the field. Our offense is designed to get to 4th down on every posession. This loss might help accelerate our leadership turnover strategy.

Our offense is designed to get to 4th down on every posession.
Are you a coach? Do you sit in on the coach's meetings and film sessions? Do you know for sure that's the game plan?

I'm just joshin' ya, man. That line was brilliant. Designed for 4th down on every possession, I love it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

We need UConn fans to show up...the way it looks we might only have 25k there...going to look MAC-riffic seeing all the silver. Maybe Cuse should hand out Thundersticks to distract the TV viewing into thinking we have more fans than there is.

Doesn't help that 690 east is closed past 81 south. Traffic will suck

This is one of the best excuses for a lame crowd that I have heard. Built-in excuse for the crowd arriving midway through the 1st quarter and leaving midway through the 3rd.

“I would put (McCombs) in the category of probable,” Pasqualoni said. ” The swelling is calmed down and he is healing. We will be able to adjust the cast and allow him to grip the ball and have ball security.​

I'd like to see a picture of this 3-pointed football UConn uses in practice.

If you guys want to draw up a few plays on some Sbarro pizza boxes, we can get them posted to the window of the UConn coaching booth. We have a process in place.

This is one of the best excuses for a lame crowd that I have heard. Built-in excuse for the crowd arriving midway through the 1st quarter and leaving midway through the 3rd.

Agree 100% just saying is all.

Maybe I'm missing something, but who would take that portion of expressway to get to the Dome? I'm thinking that people coming from the east either take Genesee or 690 west, people from the west and north take I-81 to Adams/Harrison (or whatever exit is closest to Skytop), and people from the south never see 690.

Maybe I'm missing something, but who would take that portion of expressway to get to the Dome? I'm thinking that people coming from the east either take Genesee or 690 west, people from the west and north take I-81 to Adams/Harrison (or whatever exit is closest to Skytop), and people from the south never see 690.

And maybe I'm missing something, because I only get up there once or twice per year, but is there ever a year, or will there ever be a year, that something in that 81/690 intersection won't be shut down for construction? That constant patchwork is worse than our offense, hey oh!!!!

And maybe I'm missing something, because I only get up there once or twice per year, but is there ever a year, or will there ever be a year, that something in that 81/690 intersection won't be shut down for construction? That constant patchwork is worse than our offense, hey oh!!!!
No that will never happen. I'd just be happy if they didn't decide to do construction on all 3 81/690/90 at the same time. Every major artery in this city is currently under construction.