Anyone live in Orlando? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone live in Orlando?

Duffy's at the Mall at Millenia. They literally have wall to wall big screens with every game playing. They have one in Lake Mary where I live (north side of town). Not sure what Ocoee has to offer.

Ale Houses are good alternatives. I watched a few World Cup and NCAA games there.

Gators Dockside (a few locations) can also get the job done in a pinch, but typically don't have as many TVs.
I haven't been there yet but drove by and saw about a 100 TVs at Gene Simmons new bar ... This could be epic, lol.

http://www.mynews13.com/content/new...icles/cfn/2015/1/13/_kiss_opens_oviedo_s.html

Man, I'll prolly try to check all these out. I'll have wheels while I'm down there, but would prolly cab it to and from the bars. Pretty easy to get around Orlando?

Well it's not real easy as there are lakes that keep roads from being straight. Not too bad though but rush hour sucks and I4 sucks.

If your planning on cabbing it, I'd highly suggest using Uber. More than half the price of a cab and way better and more convenient. Saved my ass in Miami when I was too drunk to call a cab but could easily summon an Uber driver from my phone! No money or tip needed it all gets charged to your card on file.

Why doesn't an Orlando Based fan invite this guy (CuseTroop) to watch the game at your house/apartment/jail cell? He has an 8th graders maturity and drinks like a fish. What could go wrong? ;-)

Last edited:
Well it's not real easy as there are lakes that keep roads from being straight. Not too bad though but rush hour sucks and I4 sucks.

If your planning on cabbing it, I'd highly suggest using Uber. More than half the price of a cab and way better and more convenient. Saved my ass in Miami when I was too drunk to call a cab but could easily summon an Uber driver from my phone! No money or tip needed it all gets charged to your card on file.

Never used Uber before. I might do it just for the experience lol

Why doesn't an Orlando Based fan invite this guy (CuseTroop) to watch the game at your house/apartment/jail cell? He has an 8th graders maturity and drinks like a fish.

Yeaaaaa, ya prolly dont wanna invite me to your house. Ask JeremyCuse . I wonder if he still has that couch, lol.

I would be down to meet up with anyone willing tho. First round is on me.

orange%252Bmickey.JPG

Why doesn't an Orlando Based fan invite this guy (CuseTroop) to watch the game at your house/apartment/jail cell? He has an 8th graders maturity and drinks like a fish. What could go wrong? ;-)
Plus, he hits on anything that moves (just guessing)

Alright, Orlando peeps. I land at 6pm Saturday, which puts me in great time to catch the Duke game. My aunt recommended "Gators", but I'm really down for anything. Where is everyone watching the game?

Mark, that is totally unfair. He seems to take his cue from his companions. When he was with me at the Duke game weekend, he was a perfect gentleman. I guess he just follows some of you guys on other occasions. :)

Alright, Orlando peeps. I land at 6pm Saturday, which puts me in great time to catch the Duke game. My aunt recommended "Gators", but I'm really down for anything. Where is everyone watching the game?

Hey Troop, totally forget about this, lol ... Actually a friend of mine from Cuse were just discussing where to watch the game yesterday. We were thinking of one of the Friendly Confines.

Why do I have a feeling that all of Orlando will turn into Panama City overnight?

I good are Fireside Subs? One close to my uncles. Worth stopping in? I'll be downtown tomorrow, if anyone wants to meet up for the game

I good are Fireside Subs? One close to my uncles. Worth stopping in? I'll be downtown tomorrow, if anyone wants to meet up for the game
I think you mean "Firehouse Subs". Chain sub place. Not too bad. They "steam" their subs. Been known to give some patrons gurgle belly and rapid trips to the toilet if you are not careful. They've earned the nickname "Fireass Subs"

Firehouse Subs are...meh. The times I've gotten stuff from the one down here, they've been super heavy, and greasy.

Ahh my bad, yea, firehouse. After I posted this, I asked the bartender, and my uncle, and both said they were alright, heard about the steaming thing. Both said Publix were the place to go for a sub, and there is one right by the Gators that I will spend the early afternoon at tomorrow. If they have a place to sit down and eat, I'll grab a publix sub. If not, I'll just eat at gators.