Anyone notice K was... | Syracusefan.com

Anyone notice K was...

I thought he looked decidedly geriatric. He looked stiff and was doing the old man shuffle. Not joking, it was a little jarring how he looked to be struggling to move.

Duke just lost a game. His natural reaction is to have a sore back.

But they are a few more losses and a Zion injury away from the pain becoming very serious.

...a little douchey in the coach handshake?

JB seemed to expect a little more and K gave him the blow-by.

Always thought K had a lot of class...as long as he won.

I think both JB and Coach K are super super competitive. It’s why they never scheduled games against each other when we were in different conferences. Both really hate to lose and this game meant a lot to both programs. Duke is fighting for a number one seed and has the expectations for a National Championship and left with not only a loss but an injury to a key player, their point guard. No one needs to guess how much this meant to our program at this point. I imagine there were plenty of people thinking the same about JB after the suit jacket tirade in our loss at Cameron 5 years ago.

I agree that Coach K didn’t look well physically. He even had an eye that looked swollen or something during the game and looked feeble walking at the end.

I think K views Boeheim as a friend the same way LeBron views Melo as a friend, which is to say not at all.

I think K views Boeheim as a friend the same way LeBron views Melo as a friend, which is to say not at all.
They're very good friends! JB patented the blow - by. Rare that he wanted to talk. Probably caught K by surprise.

They're very good friends! JB patented the blow - by. Rare that he wanted to talk. Probably caught K by surprise.
I know that’s what they say. I just don’t believe it.

I think both JB and Coach K are super super competitive. It’s why they never scheduled games against each other when we were in different conferences. Both really hate to lose and this game meant a lot to both programs. Duke is fighting for a number one seed and has the expectations for a National Championship and left with not only a loss but an injury to a key player, their point guard. No one needs to guess how much this meant to our program at this point. I imagine there were plenty of people thinking the same about JB after the suit jacket tirade in our loss at Cameron 5 years ago.

I agree that Coach K didn’t look well physically. He even had an eye that looked swollen or something during the game and looked feeble walking at the end.
Do you think these coaches know each other too well? Without checking facts (who wants to do that) it sure seems like their games are high scoring - both teams have trouble stopping each other.

They put on great shows - ESPN must love showing their games

K is a master excuse maker - should have been in PR or law or something besides basketball where being strategically insincere and saving face are rewarded - he's had some great talent @ duke - but whenever he has equal or lesser talent than his opponents his results have been pretty garbage, imo. i dont think he is a great x's and o's coach - way overrated on that side of things imo.

His comment that there is no game plan when 2 starters go out - its just survival rings of sour grapes to me - yeah those were good players but top 2 picks in next years draft were still in the game backed up by some other burger boys too - how much talent do you need to be able to make a game plan? mid majors, ivy league teams etc make game plans without any mcdonalds all americans...seemed a weird sore loser comment from K, imo

Many many other coaches would've won just as much with laettner, hill, bagley etc and the parade of all americans duke has had under k, imo

must be really hard coaching the top recruiting class in the nation year in and year out. ask BAMA.

Hey, who cares? enjoy the win...

I know that’s what they say. I just don’t believe it.
When you are traveling around the world to Tokyo, Beijing, Istanbul, London, Madrid, Rio and are stuck in hotels without anyone else to hang with I believe they are friends.
During the NCAAT last year K talked at lengths about JB. They are real friend IMO due to USA BB.

True colors show with age. He’s not the friend to jb that jb has been to him or rick

K is a master excuse maker - should have been in PR or law or something besides basketball where being strategically insincere and saving face are rewarded - he's had some great talent @ duke - but whenever he has equal or lesser talent than his opponents his results have been pretty garbage, imo. i dont think he is a great x's and o's coach - way overrated on that side of things imo.

His comment that there is no game plan when 2 starters go out - its just survival rings of sour grapes to me - yeah those were good players but top 2 picks in next years draft were still in the game backed up by some other burger boys too - how much talent do you need to be able to make a game plan? mid majors, ivy league teams etc make game plans without any mcdonalds all americans...seemed a weird sore loser comment from K, imo

Many many other coaches would've won just as much with laettner, hill, bagley etc and the parade of all americans duke has had under k, imo
God bless America

Id rather see K's act of stomping his feet like a 5 year old having a tantrum, along with his death stare and scolding of the refs, than the crazy Hurley-Dixon types running up and down the court(sometimes on the court) with their team.

*Another injury to one of Duke's top players, and K will need back surgery.

Coach K is always a dirtbag after games when his handshakes are about as sincere as Trump wishing Nancy Pelosi well in her new job.

I agree w this. I think itd be more odd to embrace your competitor after you lose, without extenuating circumstances. We play them again in a month and all signs point to more games the next three years. Plus, coach k was probably upset he lost a starting player to injury.

Id rather see K's act of stomping his feet like a 5 year old having a tantrum, along with his death stare and scolding of the refs, than the crazy Hurley-Dixon types running up and down the court(sometimes on the court) with their team.

*Another injury to one of Duke's top players, and K will need back surgery.
hurley is the worst

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom