Anyone notice K was... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone notice K was...

When you are traveling around the world to Tokyo, Beijing, Istanbul, London, Madrid, Rio and are stuck in hotels without anyone else to hang with I believe they are friends.
During the NCAAT last year K talked at lengths about JB. They are real friend IMO due to USA BB.
You should see some of the jerks I'm stuck with at the office every day. (And they would say the same thing about me.)

I have a feeling this may be Coach K's last year, especially if they win it all. It seems like our short time in the ACC, this has been the third year we played them home & home. Other teams (like NC St) we have not played more than once per year? I think ESPN loves to see the two teams scheduled twice per year, of course, but the fact here we are the third time in 6 years is to give Coach K one more game with JB before retiring. As mentioned several times above, his health is not good and he does not look like he is enjoying the game that much anymore.

Rat face can't take losing, especially when he paid all the best players in the country to come to DOOK. And the refs too.

maybe K is still sore JB ordered the 50 cent extra bleu cheese dressing when they split the early bird buffet check ?

He’s pissed that JB has Mrs Universe for a wife while his wife is well.....you pick the adjective

This is a great thread. K looked bad in all ways. By comparison JAB looks and acts 20 years younger. I understand the Duke aura but no way K will be there much longer. Unless of course it's a weekend at Bernie thing.

This is a great thread. K looked bad in all ways. By comparison JAB looks and acts 20 years younger. I understand the Duke aura but no way K will be there much longer. Unless of course it's a weekend at Bernie thing.
I don’t want to post because I like JB but their is a photo from Barstool which shows some liquid on JBs pants that if he weren’t our coach I would be mocking.

IIRC they said last night that Boeheim was K's assistant for the Olympics. If K can't stand him, why did he pick Boeheim to be an assistant?

K is always an absolute jerk in the post-game everything

I don’t want to post because I like JB but their is a photo from Barstool which shows some liquid on JBs pants that if he weren’t our coach I would be mocking.

And you’d feel bad. It’s been covered in a couple other threads but incontinence is a significant side effect of having your cancerous prostrate removed. And that’s if it wasn’t just spilled water.

And you’d feel bad. It’s been covered in a couple other threads but incontinence is a significant side effect of having your cancerous prostrate removed.
I left it alone. I just wanted to point out JB was just as into it as Coach K.
I don’t read all threads so I didn’t know. I didn’t say anymore. Jeez

There is perception and then there is reality. This is a photo from that exchange after the game
1094283456.jpg.jpg

I left it alone. I just wanted to point out JB was just as into it as Coach K.
I don’t read all threads so I didn’t know. I didn’t say anymore. Jeez

I responded to you saying you’d mock him. So I let you know what was likely the reason. The SU poster who brought it up, didn’t know and felt bad he brought it up.

There is perception and then there is reality. This is a photo from that exchange after the game
1094283456.jpg.jpg

Is that pre or post game?

IIRC they said last night that Boeheim was K's assistant for the Olympics. If K can't stand him, why did he pick Boeheim to be an assistant?
To learn the 2-3 zone from the master.

I responded to you saying you’d mock him. So I let you know what was likely the reason. The SU poster who brought it up, didn’t know and felt bad he brought it up.
I meant if it was an opposing coach without the history obviously if it wasn’t health related.
I left specifics out of my posts on purpose

Do you think these coaches know each other too well? Without checking facts (who wants to do that) it sure seems like their games are high scoring - both teams have trouble stopping each other.

They put on great shows - ESPN must love showing their games

Yup they probably do. You must know , like I do, guys who are great friends who would do anything to beat their good buddy’s butt. Better to lose to someone you don’t know that well than someone you know you will see a lot which reminds you who won the last encounter particularly if you were highly favored to win but lost. JB has an amazing computer analytical mind , must be frustrating for JB when players don’t execute and frustrating for Coach K who has to worry that regardless of the talent differential that a win isn’t a given against JB and every game can be a war.

Yup they probably do. You must know , like I do, guys who are great friends who would do anything to beat their good buddy’s butt. Better to lose to someone you don’t know that well than someone you know you will see a lot which reminds you who won the last encounter particularly if you were highly favored to win but lost. JB has an amazing computer analytical mind , must be frustrating for JB when players don’t execute and frustrating for Coach K who has to worry that regardless of the talent differential that a win isn’t a given against JB and every game can be a war.
I'm just like that with my very good friends. Whether it is golf, football rivalries (Giants vs Cowboys) or if we played tiddlywinks. The best part is that over the long run, both win. Everyone gets a chance to brag. I don't think it would as fun if one was unbeatable. Then it is not really a rivalry.

Yup. I knew JB beat prostate cancer but didn’t connect the dots about possible side effects. Having said that, it was a poor choice on my part to start the thread about it and I’m glad it was quickly deleted.

Pregame. There were no photogs standing all around at post game.

I don’t disagree that the picture was probably pregame but after the game there were also plenty of photogs, video people who rushed towards the benches to record and capture reactions.

By the way, how can Duke allow people holding huge cameras, video equipment along with random people three or so deep to ring and totally fill the small space between the court and the seats? It is dangerous for the players and I’m shocked that no one has complained and/or that a player hasn’t gotten injured.

I thought he looked decidedly geriatric. He looked stiff and was doing the old man shuffle. Not joking, it was a little jarring how he looked to be struggling to move.
He’s had two hip replacements, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom