Anyone notice Marinatto's comments in today's papers? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone notice Marinatto's comments in today's papers?

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
Saying the the remaining schools all pledged to remain in the conference.

Within minutes, UConn's president was saying, "uh, no we didn't. We're going to do what's best for UConn."

Another example of why Marinatto sucks. Keep your mouth shut, and I guess get Air Force and Navy for football only membership. Or Central Florida and East Carolina.

I still think Louisville and WVU to the Big 12 makes the most sense, seeing as how the Big 12 is trying to hang together, is down to 9 football teams when A&M officially leaves, and the Pac 10 turned down Texas keeping all their own network money. That will be the final nail for the Big East.

Dude looks like a big mouth. He doesn't look the part and definitely doesn't act it. Glad I don't have to see that fool much longer.

I doubt ANYONE pledged to stay in the conference.

I'm sure they all said they would work to try and make the Big East a strong, lasting, valuable conference...zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Saying the the remaining schools all pledged to remain in the conference.

Within minutes, UConn's president was saying, "uh, no we didn't. We're going to do what's best for UConn."

Another example of why Marinatto sucks. Keep your mouth shut, and I guess get Air Force and Navy for football only membership. Or Central Florida and East Carolina.

I still think Louisville and WVU to the Big 12 makes the most sense, seeing as how the Big 12 is trying to hang together, is down to 9 football teams when A&M officially leaves, and the Pac 10 turned down Texas keeping all their own network money. That will be the final nail for the Big East.
If they are all really pledged, why haven't they raised to exit fee to $ 20M? I suspect there are a few members who might vote that down.

If they are all really pledged, why haven't they raised to exit fee to $ 20M? I suspect there are a few members who might vote that down.
I don't think the BE has raised their exit fee (yet?). Certainly, the ACC has.

The spin put on the BE FB meeting Tuesday was that they all were going to sit around the table and "look each other in the eye". A wag responded that if they really wanted to develop some trust, they'd all put their cell phones in the middle of the table to see who they each had been talking and texting with.