Anyone see Donna's Chat? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone see Donna's Chat?

Mstumpy50

Scout Team
Call me crazy but assuming that TE and JG come back she said that she envisions a lineup of
11, 10, 3, 25, 32

I just can't see 32 with the starters over Roberson/CM5. Am I way off base with my perception of 32?

Call me crazy but assuming that TE and JG come back she said that she envisions a lineup of
11, 10, 3, 25, 32

I just can't see 32 with the starters over Roberson/CM5. Am I way off base with my perception of 32?

Way too early for anybody to make assumptions about Coleman's availability.

Well he started this year and he'll have another year of seniority so I'm not sure there is reason to question it. Sure it is possible to move 25 to C and start Roberson or McC, but it isn't really in line with how JB has done things.

No insider info here, but I believe McCullough is coming here to start.

11, 10, 3, 25, 32

As far as I am concerned, the staff cannot rely on him going forward. If he turns into something, great, but we should be passed the point of expecting him to be a regular rotation player, much less a starter. The future looks very uncertain for the young man, and its unfortunate.

Well he started this year and he'll have another year of seniority so I'm not sure there is reason to question it. Sure it is possible to move 25 to C and start Roberson or McC, but it isn't really in line with how JB has done things.
How do you know he will even be available? He really has very little seniority due to the fact he has barely played.

That would be a scary unit offensively in a bad way. other interesting tidbits in the chat, particularly about Rak's foul trouble and her thoughts on Roberson.

That would be a scary unit offensively in a bad way. other interesting tidbits in the chat, particularly about Rak's foul trouble and her thoughts on Roberson.
Can you briefly summarize? thx!

McCullough will start at PF, and Rak will start at center. Roberson will back-up CM5 and DC3 will back up Rak. Grant will play a TON of minutes if he comes back.

Frozen said:
Way too early for anybody to make assumptions about Coleman's availability.
There was something said awhile back by jb that almost made it sound like dc2 might redshirt next year...

IF Jerami came back and IF DC2 was available, I would expect to see Rak, JG and DC as the starting frontcourt, with CM possibly playing starters minutes off the bench. But those are two big ifs, so we'll probably never know. If they were both available next year I'd be most curious how Roberson would fit in.

Can you briefly summarize? thx!

Am in a rush, but the 2 things I touched on: 1) She felt Rak was more careful not to commit fouls (in a good way) when there's no baye behind him 2) Big Roberson fan-Thinks he can really play and played better than JB expressed-Felt he played a bit scared after not playing in awhile against GT

There was something said awhile back by jb that almost made it sound like dc2 might redshirt next year...
Really? Totally missed that. I think we could use him next season in a big way.

DC2 redshirt? That was my first reaction. Upon contemplation that could make sense. Depending on the severity of his injury it may make sense for him to not waste a year of eligiblity attempting to play if he will not be at full strength. Another full year of rehab coudl allow him to transform himself a bit into the kind of body and condition he will need if he still has NBA dreams. Nothing to say he can't come back in 2016 play 2 solid years and go into the NBA a mature 23 year old. His first 2 years have obviously not gone according to his plan so he needs to throw that plan away and develop a new plan based on how best to achieve his end goal. How soon he gets there does not matter near as much as actually getting there. I wish the kid nothing but the best and look forward for him to be a contributor whenever he is ready.

I'm thinking Grant returns, and I'm almost never wrong about these things.:noidea:

We were a better team this year when Coleman played. He has a much higher motor than McC. I see doghouse written all over this kid. JB will go with experience almost always.

I'm thinking Grant returns, and I'm almost never wrong about these things.:noidea:
I'm with ya. If he suddenly explodes during a long run in the tournament that could change but regardless of predicted draft position I just can't see him doing anything but riding pine next year in the NBA. Money is not everything to everyone. Especially to those who grew up having it.

J Grant would benefit greatly from another year of working on a mid-range game and working on his handle.

I hope I'm wrong, but if you are looking at McCullough next year as being some kind of second coming of Derrick Coleman, I would disavow yourself of that notion and fast. Last I saw, he dropped to #29 in the nation, down to 4-star status, with lots of talk about his lack of motor, his reluctance to work in the paint on both ends, etc. He will be much closer to Tyler Roberson than Derrick Coleman.

If he starts, it will strictly be for show, a la Fab or DC2. And it won't happen at all if JG comes back. IMHO.

I hope I'm wrong, but if you are looking at McCullough next year as being some kind of second coming of Derrick Coleman, I would disavow yourself of that notion and fast. Last I saw, he dropped to #29 in the nation, down to 4-star status, with lots of talk about his lack of motor, his reluctance to work in the paint on both ends, etc. He will be much closer to Tyler Roberson than Derrick Coleman.

If he starts, it will strictly be for show, a la Fab or DC2. And it won't happen at all if JG comes back. IMHO.
I'm not expecting Coleman. Freshman John Wallace is probably the ceiling there.

I'm not worried about the drop in his ranking. He's more or less fallen off the face of the earth exposure wise.

I don't remember reading anything about Boeheim saying DC could redshirt next year, and I read almost everything. I did read where SU is exploring the possibility of DC getting a hardship waiver (medical redshirt) to get a year back, but there's really no precedence for it.

Did anyone else read in that chat where McCullough's coach at IMG says he won't come in and dominate the ACC? Are expectations for him too high on this forum?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom