Anyone see Donna's Chat? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone see Donna's Chat?

DC2 red shirt would be a great idea IMO. Too many people want to throw him to the wolves, stay classy cuse fans and be smart, come on

I'm from New Jersey so staying classy is practically impossible for me.

I am wondering if DC2's knee injury is already career ending. I think the trainers and coaches should evaluate him pretty hard during the summer league.

I'm not expecting Coleman. Freshman John Wallace is probably the ceiling there.

I'm not worried about the drop in his ranking. He's more or less fallen off the face of the earth exposure wise.

And keep in mind that Duke has 4 recruits rated (much) higher than McCullough. UNC has 3 recruits rated higher. It's a whole big world out there.

I hope I'm wrong, but if you are looking at McCullough next year as being some kind of second coming of Derrick Coleman, I would disavow yourself of that notion and fast. Last I saw, he dropped to #29 in the nation, down to 4-star status, with lots of talk about his lack of motor, his reluctance to work in the paint on both ends, etc. He will be much closer to Tyler Roberson than Derrick Coleman.

If he starts, it will strictly be for show, a la Fab or DC2. And it won't happen at all if JG comes back. IMHO.

Hasn't McCullough had a transfer setback and is now playing against crap competition?

The highlight of the chat for me was the fact that someone wrote that their name was "dr donald drangus". Not sure if this is serious, but the Steve Brule fan in me cracked up reading it,

I'm with ya. If he suddenly explodes during a long run in the tournament that could change but regardless of predicted draft position I just can't see him doing anything but riding pine next year in the NBA. Money is not everything to everyone. Especially to those who grew up having it.
exactly but it doesn't have to be about money, this kids dad and uncle played in the NBA I am sure his dream has been to play in the NBA, he is a first round pick, his dream can come true

riding pine never crosses their mind, they want to play with the best

It will be the same old story and it has little to do with how good he is offensively. If he doesn't pick up on the zone quickly he won't be playing much until he does.
The names of any of the players mentioned in this thread are already way ahead in experience in the Cuse system.

I don't remember reading anything about Boeheim saying DC could redshirt next year, and I read almost everything. I did read where SU is exploring the possibility of DC getting a hardship waiver (medical redshirt) to get a year back, but there's really no precedence for it.

Did anyone else read in that chat where McCullough's coach at IMG says he won't come in and dominate the ACC? Are expectations for him too high on this forum?
It wasn't a comment about a redshirt, it was a very cryptic comment about how long the rehab would be. When I heard/read it I was scratching my head.

Well, that's some interesting speculation regarding DC2. Would be a shame to see him miss next year as well, but maybe it's for the best. He still needs to drop weight, and work on playing in the post. Still, kid could be a beast if he ever gets that weight down and shows himself to be a bit more athletic. Not sure it will ever materialize though.

Roberson should be able to give us a lot on offense next year. I wouldn't be surprised if he was similar to Kris Joseph but a better rebounder (not sure how he is from 3 tbh). We'll see. Next year is a long ways away.

And keep in mind that Duke has 4 recruits rated (much) higher than McCullough. UNC has 3 recruits rated higher. It's a whole big world out there.
You seem obsessed with talking about how our recruits are slipping in the rankings and how duke and unc are brining in all 5 star recruits, and though I do know the guys they are brining in are legit players like okafor, I think you are putting way to much stock in these rankings numbers. For instance Jerami Grant was rated lower then 3 of unc recruits in 2012 and rated way behind amile Jefferson of duke, and I can say with some confidence that Grant is better than all of those players. Let's not forget that CJ Fairs rating tumbled because of his knee injury and was barely ranked in the top 100, and I think you would agree with me that he turned out to be pretty good for us. Lastly in some rankings Trevor Cooney fell completely out of the 150 and though everyone has a differing opinion of him on this board he is still an important part of a team that only lost 4 games this year, which by the way is less than both unc and duke who are always landing 4-5 star recruits. So your right it is a whole big world out there but Syracuse is doing fine in it, and I trust that guys like McCullough and Joseph will do well here and guys like Roberson will make a jump like many of our sophomores seem to do.

You seem obsessed with talking about how our recruits are slipping in the rankings and how duke and unc are brining in all 5 star recruits, and though I do know the guys they are brining in are legit players like okafor, I think you are putting way to much stock in these rankings numbers. For instance Jerami Grant was rated lower then 3 of unc recruits in 2012 and rated way behind amile Jefferson of duke, and I can say with some confidence that Grant is better than all of those players. Let's not forget that CJ Fairs rating tumbled because of his knee injury and was barely ranked in the top 100, and I think you would agree with me that he turned out to be pretty good for us. Lastly in some rankings Trevor Cooney fell completely out of the 150 and though everyone has a differing opinion of him on this board he is still an important part of a team that only lost 4 games this year, which by the way is less than both unc and duke who are always landing 4-5 star recruits. So your right it is a whole big world out there but Syracuse is doing fine in it, and I trust that guys like McCullough and Joseph will do well here and guys like Roberson will make a jump like many of our sophomores seem to do.

Here's one for you, Donte Green was rated #2 PF Blake Griffin #5...

Hmmm...my thoughts FWIW. Grants worth may have dropped some as a result of his back problems unless he shows up bigtime in the ACC and NCAA tournies. I dont think that NBA teams want to be concerned about possibe habitual physical problems. I would love to see him come back. It would be a CJ decision and I think that his stock would rise and like CJ great chance at AA. But fame and money matters. I agree also that the team played better with DC2 available. We had 15 fouls to give at the 5 and the way Rak is now playing I think he would be even better not worrying about the foul issue. I think JB was talking about getting a redshirt for DC2 for this year as a hardship. It will be tough. Ennis is gone. Ain't gonna be here. Although it would be so much better if he could school Joseph for 1 year. I liked Roberson's hustle. He was first down court and was involved. He needs PT. If Grant leaves ... I think he is a good replacement. As far as MC5 ranking...who cares. He has a ton of trouble behind him and has transferred to a so-so school. Wait until the summer leagues and i believe his rankings are going to climb. As far as next year ... our front line is again huge...Rak, Obokoh, DC2, Grant (iffy), Roberson, MC5, Lydon. My concern is with the back court ... again. Ennis leaves and we are again left with 1 pg to play all year. We need another SG badly. We desparately need people who can score. FWIW

Hmmm...my thoughts FWIW. Grants worth may have dropped some as a result of his back problems unless he shows up bigtime in the ACC and NCAA tournies. I dont think that NBA teams want to be concerned about possibe habitual physical problems. I would love to see him come back. It would be a CJ decision and I think that his stock would rise and like CJ great chance at AA. But fame and money matters. I agree also that the team played better with DC2 available. We had 15 fouls to give at the 5 and the way Rak is now playing I think he would be even better not worrying about the foul issue. I think JB was talking about getting a redshirt for DC2 for this year as a hardship. It will be tough. Ennis is gone. Ain't gonna be here. Although it would be so much better if he could school Joseph for 1 year. I liked Roberson's hustle. He was first down court and was involved. He needs PT. If Grant leaves ... I think he is a good replacement. As far as MC5 ranking...who cares. He has a ton of trouble behind him and has transferred to a so-so school. Wait until the summer leagues and i believe his rankings are going to climb. As far as next year ... our front line is again huge...Rak, Obokoh, DC2, Grant (iffy), Roberson, MC5, Lydon. My concern is with the back court ... again. Ennis leaves and we are again left with 1 pg to play all year. We need another SG badly. We desparately need people who can score. FWIW
glass half full/glass half empty - it is not habitual yet, but if he comes back next year and it happens again then it is a problem, I was watching Michigan the other day and they were talking about how McGary probably won't be back for the same reason

So a Donna is saying that Grant is most likely back with Ennis? Mike Waters actually said the same thing just last week when Axe asked twitter what they thought, Waters responded with something along the lines of I think both come back. In addition, CTO just said she thinks grant is coming back. Thats 3 well connected people to the basketball team saying Grant is most likely coming back. This EXCITES me

With CJ gone we need a stretch 3 to replace him. Is that C-McC? I saw a Zagsblog reference to him having a nice jumper but no mention of 3-pt shooting. If not C-McC does that open up some PT for BJ2?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom