Anyone still care? Calls in Wisconsin Game | Syracusefan.com

Anyone still care? Calls in Wisconsin Game

kuethstheman

All Conference
Water under the bridge but I just re-watched the last 5 minutes. My take on the calls:

CJ block/charge: Definitely a block, the guy was still coming up from his last step and he was too close to CJ for CJ to make his jump without contact

Scoop block/charge: Extremely close. Defender was not in the circle. His foot might have been moving as Scoop jumped. I'd call it a charge 51/49. + 2 free throws.

Dion's drive down the right side of the lane: Got whacked on his shooting arm. Ball went out of bounds to us. We turned it over without taking a shot. -2 free throws.

Scoop foul when the guy fell down: He tripped over Scoop's foot. 50/50 travel vs. Scoop tripping him without being planted.

Foul reaching in when KJ had the ball with 20 seconds left. Couldn't tell if it was a foul but the only difference it would have made was they would have gotten the ball with 20 seconds left instead of 15. Didn't keep Wisconsin from going nuts, though.

Foul that sent KJ to the line: Definitely intentional more than most last-minute fouls. Not going to get that call, though.

Bottom line is that as everyone who doesn't hate Syracuse has been saying, it went both ways.

That one with Scoop defending Taylor was not 50/50! Taylor threw himself onto the ground in a very unsportsmanlike manor. It wasn't tough or smart and it has no place in any sport at any level.

That one with Scoop defending Taylor was not 50/50! Taylor threw himself onto the ground in a very unsportsmanlike manor. It wasn't tough or smart and it has no place in any sport at any level.
I was waiting to see the Jordan Taylor described in that article posted by Seth Davis, and I think that play exemplified it pretty well.

I think you missed the memo that opposing big men are not allowed to have fouls called against them when playing Syracuse. At least that's the way opposing teams' fans feel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom