Anyone still interested in the NIT? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone still interested in the NIT?

Cowtown

Sesquipedalia verba
Didn't think so. Notice not a single 1 seed made it past the second round ...

nit_mens_2017.pdf_auouvu.png

Obviously not many people care about the NIT, but I have to assume this is how it usually goes.

Good enough to win, not good enough to really be hurting from the NCAA snub

Hey at least Jamie Dixon finally made a Final Four!! Kudos to him.

I am still disappointed we didn't win the NIT. Always want SU to come out #1 regardless of the event.

The bright side of Cuse losing before MSG is I didn't have to make a decision on whether to go watch them and somehow overpay for an NIT ticket. That would have been a painful purchase.

I honestly wish our guys were more into it just to extend and salvage the season a bit (I'd have attended at least a game at MSG), but it was clear as day a lot of them checked out like most of us at that point.

I honestly wish our guys were more into it just to extend and salvage the season a bit (I'd have attended at least a game at MSG), but it was clear as day a lot of them checked out like most of us at that point.

I guess I didn't really think they checked out - at least not as badly as that Florida State NIT game from 1997 when I was so disgusted with the effort I turned it off. We put up 80 points - the defense was just the same as it has been all year.

I will probably check the final scores this week if I remember. It would be nice to see Cal St Bakersfield win as that would be a fairly significant upset (in terms of odds to win from the start of the tourney).

I don't care much at all, but was a little curious to see how GT did against Ole Miss. Finding out that they only gave up 66 points to them in Oxford is a nice punch in the stomach to complement the slap in the face of us giving up 91 at home.

I was sick to my stomach about being in the NIT. I only watched because we were in it.

I think some of the players felt the same way, given the uninspired performances. Was sad to see our season end like that at home, losing to a clearly inferior team. But I've seen that movie before [1997]. And it isn't just us -- lots of teams that have their bubble burst seem to have difficulty getting up to play in the NIT, which is why I assume so many high seeds crap out.

What do all you Bills fans do after the middle of September? Boycott the season because you are already out of the playoffs? Or do you continue to watch football because you enjoy the sport?

Does anyone REALLY want to see an NIT championship banner at the dome?

What do all you Bills fans do after the middle of September? Boycott the season because you are already out of the playoffs? Or do you continue to watch football because you enjoy the sport?

The Bills are always right in the middle of things until the final week of the season :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom