Anyone want to research our record @ND? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone want to research our record @ND?

Jake said:
It's got to be crazy good recently...

It crossed my mind. Curious. It has been pretty good, I believe.

Did we win there the year we had to play Marvin Tuten (I think it was)?

How about over the last 10 years?
Pretty sure we've only lost 2 times there in the last decade, if orangehoops.net is correct and my reading comprehension doesn't completely suck.

It's got to be crazy good recently...
Overall, we are 5-1 against them home and away since the 2009-2010 season. Lost in the Fab Melo season out there.

9-4 home and away since the 2004-2005 season.

@ND we are 8-3 since the 1999-2000 season, with one of those losses coming in the 2000-2001 season.

Last edited:
5-1 since the 2009-2010 season. Lost in the Fab Melo season out there.

And that was one of the no Fab Melo games. SOBs got damn lucky that night. We would have had an undefeated regular season if not for that suspension.

And that was one of the no Fab Melo games. SOBs got damn lucky that night. We would have had an undefeated regular season if not for that suspension.

For some reason the narrative afterwords was how we always struggle there, which was What crazy. I think even our NIT team beat the Troy Murphy team in 02?

@ND we are 8-3 since the 1999-2000 season, with one of those losses coming in the 2000-2001 season.

My wife & I have been at every one at South Bend since 99-00 season. Pretty good record. Always great to watch the ND whiners cry. Last night was odd. I know they played awful, but the crowd was dead and not even sold out for what could arguably be their best team in 40 years. Living in the Midwest now, I've gone to plenty of road games in various places - by far - BY FAR - ND fans are the whinyiest. They complain about every call, every game regardless of score or how well or poorly their team is playing. Love to walk out of that place with the W. Congrats BJ, gutsy effort from Shaky tonight playing hobbled after Rak fouled out. Big buckets. Will be my highlight from this "disappointing" season.

For some reason the narrative afterwords was how we always struggle there, which was What crazy. I think even our NIT team beat the Troy Murphy team in 02?

You're correct that we swept ND in the 2001-02 season. But that was actually one year after Troy Murphy - ND's best players were Ryan Humphrey, Matt Carroll and Chris Thomas. My most vivid memory of Humphrey was him blocking a Craig Forth shot in the Dome so hard it looked like an Olympic volleyball spike.

My wife & I have been at every one at South Bend since 99-00 season. Pretty good record. Always great to watch the ND whiners cry. Last night was odd. I know they played awful, but the crowd was dead and not even sold out for what could arguably be their best team in 40 years. Living in the Midwest now, I've gone to plenty of road games in various places - by far - BY FAR - ND fans are the whinyiest. They complain about every call, every game regardless of score or how well or poorly their team is playing. Love to walk out of that place with the W. Congrats BJ, gutsy effort from Shaky tonight playing hobbled after Rak fouled out. Big buckets. Will be my highlight from this "disappointing" season.

Yes! It seemed the crowd was absolutely dead last night. I was shocked. We all know how important the energy is in an arena to help (or hurt) the team. I am sad to say that our crowd has been more sparse this year, and often energy at the beginnings of games is low. But holy cripes, we are not going to the tourney and have had the worst season ever. Notre Dame is on top of the heap, and their fans can't come out?

Reactions: MGP
Yes! It seemed the crowd was absolutely dead last night. I was shocked. We all know how important the energy is in an arena to help (or hurt) the team. I am sad to say that our crowd has been more sparse this year, and often energy at the beginnings of games is low. But holy cripes, we are not going to the tourney and have had the worst season ever. Notre Dame is on top of the heap, and their fans can't come out?
Well, you know, there's that cold weather, and all that snow.:eek:

I get a charge out of their downsizing of their arena. Only a bit over 9000 now. (Although that's of a piece with Duke, BC and Miami, so maybe it's an ACC thing.)

I believe the other loss there was in the blue unis...

I was at that debacle. The funniest part was their huge ceremony to honor their lone Final Four team, that lost both the semi and 3rd-place game.

I was at that debacle. The funniest part was their huge ceremony to honor their lone Final Four team, that lost both the semi and 3rd-place game.
To Duke and Arkansas?

I dislike Notre Dame strongly.

I've been to 3 SU games at the Joyce and thought the crowd was dead at all of them. Has that been your experience too?

To be fair it has to be difficult to sell out that cavernous 9,149 seat behemoth that is the Joyce Center....even with a top ten team.

Reactions: MGP
I've been to 3 SU games at the Joyce and thought the crowd was dead at all of them. Has that been your experience too?
Before they "downsized" the old Joyce could get loud. When they beat us when we were undefeated and #1 a couple years ago, it was pretty damn loud. Many fans seem to very casual - people around me not even talking about the game. Place started to clear out last night with us up 7 with 4 minutes to go?? I had teenage kids in front of me playing video games on their phones with 20 seconds to go and a 2 or 3 pt. game. My 11 year old son asked me "what's wrong with them?"! lol

I won't forget the game where their guard McAlarney (sp) was draining three from everywhere...I think that was 09... crazy game!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom