anyone watching canada-latvia? | Syracusefan.com

anyone watching canada-latvia?

Their goalie is amazing. I checked about 10 minutes ago and Latvia was being outshot like 43-11.

Ted Nolan (Latvian coach) pulled a Roy Williams.

At the prior stoppage of play, trainer came to see the goalie who was clearly exhausted. Nolan should have used his timeout. About 30 second later, the goalie was too slow coming across the crease.

One of the big differences between Olympic Sports and regular season games is the lack of TV timeouts. It causes more fatigue issues if you try to ride somebody harder.

Imagine Syracuse playing with 6 guys, and no TV Timeouts. It would not be possible. TV Timeouts have a big impact on the flow of a game.

With even longer TV timeouts in the NCAA tournament (and the energy we save by our zone and pace), we can play with a short bench no problem.

Been a long time since I've seen such a one sided game. We outshot them 57-16. Their goalie was "amazing". We need to take better advantage of our scoring chances or you Americans are going to kick our ass. I imagine the semi-final game is set for Friday at noon. I will need to get all my work done in the morning :)

Could the US actually be favored in this game? They've definitely played better in this tournament thus far.
Would've liked to have seen Ryan Miller but oh well.

You're obviously from Buffalo. Hey, Ted Nolan was the coach for Latvia :cool:

Yes I just realized that today.
Not from Buffalo, though I am a fairweather Sabres (and diehard Bills) fan.
Most hockey fans I talked to before the tournament said Miller should be the guy...higher GAA but easily explained by his horrific team as supported by his higher Save%...
IDK, probably not much of a difference.

Could the US actually be favored in this game? They've definitely played better in this tournament thus far.
Would've liked to have seen Ryan Miller but oh well.

The US has played better so far, but Canada is still the favourite for the one game matchup.

Plus I hate Phil Kessel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom