Anyone watching Wash v Baylor? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone watching Wash v Baylor?

Just watched the last 5 minutes again. Hop mentioned it multiple times when he was interviewed but the poise of his team who isnt returning one starter being down ten with 5 minutes to go and coming out with the W. Stewart is Fab on defense, McDaniels Warrickesqe and Carter looking like Wes, they're capable of being a final four team. Here's the game if anybody wants to watch.

i think carter is just ok.

in fairness, we do it with our press too. Jb won an Elite 8 game v number 1 seed doing that recently.
Not the same. We press and then drop into the zone if we don't get a turnover. We never change in halfcourt situations. The closest we do is get more aggressive with our traps.

Imagine this board if hop wins a championship there. Pure gold

People will find was to discredit it all while saying how much better Syracuse really is and how the Virginia game ruined our season by playing them in our first game.

People will find was to discredit it all while saying how much better Syracuse really is and how the Virginia game ruined our season by playing them in our first game.

I doubt that. If you don't think the Hop love is overflowing here, we're reading a different board

He scores 23 points and hit a clutch 3 to tie the game. He was far better than OK last night against the second best team in the big 12. I'd take him over anyone on our roster outside Hughes and that's just a maybe.

thats a solid game for sure.

Sidibe is not without offensive moves. I say pound it to him, at least for the next 10 games, to see what he can do. Even if he only converts a few a game, it'll open up cutting lanes.

Of course, SU hasn't pounded it to a big man since Seikaly.
That's not entirely true DC was here for 2 years after Rony, and he scored a lot of points.

That's not entirely true DC was here for 2 years after Rony, and he scored a lot of points.

Otis Hill, Etan, and Christmas all led SU teams in scoring too.

And while they weren’t centers, Wallace and Warrick were 20+ ppg and did much of their damage on the low blocks.

Otis Hill also worked extensively in the post as a senior as did Wallace through much of his career, especially prior to his senior year. Hak did alot if his damage in the post too. Onuaku and Jackson saw quite a few touches as upper classmen. I think we rode Christmas quite a bit his senior year.

And while they weren’t centers, Wallace and Warrick were 20+ ppg and did much of their damage on the low blocks.
Oops. You beat me to it.

Oops. You beat me to it.
Yes and no. I was definitely hasty on that. I missed Hak and forgot Coleman was after Rony but all the others had to beg for the ball. Even as leading scorers, they were vastly underutilized. They weren't fed nearly as much as they should have been.

Hello, Arinze and RJackson. AO was so powerful his senior year, anytime we needed a bucket, we could just toss it into him for an almost automatic 2 points.

Sidibe is not without offensive moves. I say pound it to him, at least for the next 10 games, to see what he can do. Even if he only converts a few a game, it'll open up cutting lanes.

Of course, SU hasn't pounded it to a big man since Seikaly.
ricky & arinze were 2 and 3 on the team in 2pt fg attempts in 2010, pounded it in to them consistently
ricky led the squad in 2 pt attempts in 2011
even taurean thompson led the team in 2 pt fg attempts in 2017

ricky & arinze were 2 and 3 on the team in 2pt fg attempts in 2010, pounded it in to them consistently
ricky led the squad in 2 pt attempts in 2011
even taurean thompson led the team in 2 pt fg attempts in 2017
I'd love to see the location of Thompson's shots. That kid loved every shot he took, but really seemed to enjoy ones from just inside the 3 point line.

Poor game last night but good god.

This UW team reminds me of our really good Cuse teams that even if they were down or not winning by much vs a lesser opponent, we may complain about playing down to the competition but we also knew the likely result of the game too. This MSM win will be a top 100/75 win at the end of the year. This is a fun team to watch. It's amazing how much more watching Hop feels like watching SU than actually watching SU since he left. The fact he was running practice ( per input from some on the board when he was still here) is easy to believe when you watch how UW plays.

This UW team reminds me of our really good Cuse teams that even if they were down or not winning by much vs a lesser opponent, we may complain about playing down to the competition but we also knew the likely result of the game too. This MSM win will be a top 100/75 win at the end of the year. This is a fun team to watch. It's amazing how much more watching Hop feels like watching SU than actually watching SU since he left. The fact he was running practice ( per input from some on the board when he was still here) is easy to believe when you watch how UW plays.

It really is, last year was so fun to watch and this year is gearing up to be the same.

Isaiah Stewart is one of the best in college basketball. He can literally do it all.

Another big game for them Saturday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom