AO was the #1 top D-league performer this week | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

AO was the #1 top D-league performer this week

Why even move him? He's productive and on a fair contract. The guy should be viewed as a part of the solution, not a trade asset.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

It's the only way to get better. He is 30yrs old now and they no shot at being competitive while he is in his prime. They have to trade him and get younger players with upside and or draft picks.

It's the only way to get better. He is 30yrs old now and they no shot at being competitive while he is in his prime. They have to trade him and get younger players with upside and or draft picks.
That's what conventional NBA thinking would suggest, but that's theoretical. They only have 28 million on the books next season and are likely to get a very good draft pick. I'd keep him, roll the dice on the draft and be a player in free agency and see what happens.

That's what conventional NBA thinking would suggest, but that's theoretical. They only have 28 million on the books next season and are likely to get a very good draft pick. I'd keep him, roll the dice on the draft and be a player in free agency and see what happens.

It's Cleveland no free agent who is good enough to make a difference is going there. Dallas has more cap space than anyone and will sign the best FAs. Cleveland most build like a small market i.e. OKC or the Spurs.

It's Cleveland no free agent who is good enough to make a difference is going there. Dallas has more cap space than anyone and will sign the best FAs. Cleveland most build like a small market i.e. OKC or the Spurs.
They won't get Howard or Chris Paul. They can get capable guys though. Irving is your future star.

Look, people are talking like they have to trade Sideshow Bob now. My point is, they don't. They have options. They're in the drivers seat. The asking price should be absurd.

Also, I just looked it up on Hoops Hype. Detroit, Atlanta, Cleveland, Houston, New Orleans, Sacramento, Charlotte, Milwaukee the Clippers and Utah all have more cap space than Dallas right now. Dallas could do some things to free up more but it was a foregone conclusion last season they'd get a stud and they didn't really, although I think they made solid moves.

They won't get Howard or Chris Paul. They can get capable guys though. Irving is your future star.

Look, people are talking like they have to trade Sideshow Bob now. My point is, they don't. They have options. They're in the drivers seat. The asking price should be absurd.

I agree they have options and can get better though signing good FAs, but being average in the NBA is the worst spot to be in not good enough to win a ring and not bad enough to get an elite player in the draft. Plus most of those teams have no cap space left after signing the good players.

Plus believe it or not the Cavs think there is a shot that Lebron comes back home when he opts out of his contact after the 13-14 season. I don't think he is coming back I think he just wanted to make the people in Cleveland feel better by saying maybe I'll come back. Anyway they need to keep the cap space need to sign him either which way.

Also, I just looked it up on Hoops Hype. Detroit, Atlanta, Cleveland, Houston, New Orleans, Sacramento, Charlotte, Milwaukee the Clippers and Utah all have more cap space than Dallas right now. Dallas could do some things to free up more but it was a foregone conclusion last season they'd get a stud and they didn't really, although I think they made solid moves.

No one has more space than dallas
link

Note: The Amnesty #; Team Option; and Qualifying offers don't count against the cap.

mmm they are a small market.

No one has more space than dallas
link

Note: The Amnesty #; Team Option; and Qualifying offers don't count against the cap.
On Dirk, Marion, Cunningham and Crowder they have $34 million for next season unless I'm really off on the math.

Look at the chart on the bottom of http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm - it's showing Atlanta, Utah, Cleveland and the Clippers all as less than that.

On Dirk, Marion, Cunningham and Crowder they have $34 million for next season unless I'm really off on the math.

Look at the chart on the bottom of http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm - it's showing Atlanta, Utah, Cleveland and the Clippers all as less than that.

No you are right but the Clippers are on record saying they are going to max out CP3 and Blake so there space is not really there. The other 3 are lower though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom