AP All-ACC Team | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

AP All-ACC Team

The media sure loves Ryan Finley...
Philip Rivers redux. Finley is a great quarterback from a QB school. BTW He still lost to SU.

If the stats mattered, I would think Dungey would be first team.
I didn't say be all end all. Even so, his passing stats were worse than Finley's. I would think the running stats would make up some ground but I'm guessing that missing time because of injury and being pulled in the UNC game hurt him. Had he played the whole game against Notre Dame, and played well in a game that was closer or played better against Pitt in a win, it would have been interesting to see if things were different.

Stats matter. Everything is similar except Finley has about 1000 more yards.
Fair enough.
But nothing about Finley stands out to me. Again, a very good qb- i just don’t get where all the adoration is coming from. I certainly don’t see him as a “can’t miss” at the next level, or anything like that. JMHO

Fair enough.
But nothing about Finley stands out to me. Again, a very good qb- i just don’t get where all the adoration is coming from. I certainly don’t see him as a “can’t miss” at the next level, or anything like that. JMHO
I don't know enough about him to say one way or the other and I think we have to distinguish the difference between being worthy of a college award and pro prospects. How he projects in the pros should have no bearing on post season college awards. I think the ACC probably lacked an elite QB this year and that's why arguments can be made for the top 3 guys. Sunshine probably has the most talent and had he started the first 4 games for Clemson, maybe he has the numbers to be first team. Dungey has the rushing numbers and the intangibles to overcome lesser passing numbers but it is probably hard for voters to look past that he wasn't the QB in the win over FSU and was pulled against UNC due to a poor performance. Finley probably was the guy with the fewest cons this year as opposed to someone that blew the competition away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom