AP All-American Teams | Syracusefan.com

AP All-American Teams

Melancer46

Living Legend
To the surprise of noone, none of our boys got so much as an Honorable Mention.

1st team:
Frank Mason
Josh Hart
Caleb Swanigan
Lonzo Ball
Justin Jackson

2nd team:
Nigel Williams-Goss
Luke Kennard
Malik Monk
Dillon Brooks
Johnathan Motley

3rd team:
Josh Jackson
Markelle Fultz
Bonzie Colson
Ethan Happ
Lauri Markkanen

Some notable HM's, in alphabetical order:
Jawun Evans
De'Aaron Fox
Przemek Karnowski
TJ Leaf
Donovan Mitchell
Monte Morris
Dennis Smith
Sindarius Thornwell
Melo Trimble

Full AP men's All-America team breakdown

If we had a better year I think White gets honorable mention or maybe 3rd team.
Fultz got 3rd team, and UW finished 9-22.

I know the kid is tremendously talented. but it sure didn't translate into wins.

Fultz got 3rd team, and UW finished 9-22.

I know the kid is tremendously talented. but it sure didn't translate into wins.

Fultz was probably the best player in the country this year; White isn't really close to him, but had we had a more successful season, I do think White would have been an honorable mention at least.

So did lots of other guys whose teams won more games.

My point is--this honor should not go to players who have good NBA potential, but to those whose abilities led their teams to success.

One could argue that leading that team to 9 wins is actually leading them to success lol. That team was soooooooooo bad.

raxmas was 3rd team in 2015.our last appearance on the chart. after some searching i see that only 9 syracuse players has been consensus AP 1st teamers. can you name them without peeking ? i couldn't.

So did lots of other guys whose teams won more games.

My point is--this honor should not go to players who have good NBA potential, but to those whose abilities led their teams to success.
Without Fultz Washington wouldn't have won 9 freakin' games.

And their performance including losing their last 13 is the reason Mike Hopkins is now the coach.

raxmas was 3rd team in 2015.our last appearance on the chart. after some searching i see that only 9 syracuse players has been consensus AP 1st teamers. can you name them without peeking ? i couldn't.

Wes
Hak
Melo
Wallace
Coleman
Owens
Sherman
Bing
Bouie

?

Wes +
Hak +
Melo
Wallace
Coleman +
Owens +
Sherman
Bing +
Bouie

the rest are some old timers. lew castle twice. joseph swarzer. leon marcus. and vic hanson x 4.
no pearl. no carmelo. and perhaps more egregious no stevie thompson ???

Last edited:
Fultz was probably the best player in the country this year; White isn't really close to him, but had we had a more successful season, I do think White would have been an honorable mention at least.
ACCer's jayson tatum and jonathan issac are both projected top ten and they didn't make the cut.

ACCer's jayson tatum and jonathan issac are both projected top ten and they didn't make the cut.

Yeah, I think White is on par with Tatum as a college player though and I'd say Isaac would be 3rd among that group of 3. Being an NBA prospect isn't the same as being a great college player. White is a fringe NBA player at best IMO, but he was really good this season. Fultz is an absolute stud as a prospect but he was also probably the best college player.

Wes +
Hak +
Melo
Wallace
Coleman +
Owens +
Sherman
Bing +
Bouie

the rest are some old timers. lew castle twice. joseph swarzer. leon marcus. and vic hanson x 4.
no pearl. no carmelo. and perhaps more egregious no stevie thompson ???

That 1989-90 All American roster was absolutely loaded.

1st Team
Derrick Coleman - SU
Chris Jackson - LSU
Larry Johnson - UNLV
Gary Payton - Oregon St.
Lionel Simmons - LaSalle

2nd Team
Rumeal Robinson - Michigan
Doug Smith - Missouri
Dennis Scott - Ga Tech
Bo Kimble - Loyola Marymount
Alonzo Mourning - Georgetown

3rd Team
Kendall Gill - Illinois
Hank Gathers - Loyola Marymount
Kenny Anderson - Ga Tech
Steve Scheffler - Purdue
Steve Smith - Mich. State

Yeah, I think White is on par with Tatum as a college player though and I'd say Isaac would be 3rd among that group of 3. Being an NBA prospect isn't the same as being a great college player. White is a fringe NBA player at best IMO, but he was really good this season. Fultz is an absolute stud as a prospect but he was also probably the best college player.

White is a dynamic shooter/scorer in a catch 'n shoot scenario or off of a dribble or two. Tatum has SO many more abilities. Towards the end of the season I saw a game where he cleaned up on the glass, blocked a bunch of shots, dribbled the ball coast to coast for a layup in traffic, drove into the paint then dished to a teammate for a 3, and scored 20.

A buddy of mine is a producer at Sirius and had Danny Ferry on earlier in the season. Duke practiced with the Pelicans once. Ferry said Tatum was killing it against their bigs and said he should be the number one pick in the draft hands down.

That 1989-90 All American roster was absolutely loaded.

1st Team
Derrick Coleman - SU
Chris Jackson - LSU
Larry Johnson - UNLV
Gary Payton - Oregon St.
Lionel Simmons - LaSalle

2nd Team
Rumeal Robinson - Michigan
Doug Smith - Missouri
Dennis Scott - Ga Tech
Bo Kimble - Loyola Marymount
Alonzo Mourning - Georgetown

3rd Team
Kendall Gill - Illinois
Hank Gathers - Loyola Marymount
Kenny Anderson - Ga Tech
Steve Scheffler - Purdue
Steve Smith - Mich. State

Wow, when Steve Smith is on the 3rd team, you know you have a loaded year.

Wes
Hak
Melo
Wallace
Coleman
Owens
Sherman
Bing
Bouie

?
the year that Wallace made it (96) the Big East was loaded. Iverson, Kittles and Allen were on it. Danya Abrams had a great year for BC too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom