AP / Coaches Polls (Sept 17) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

AP / Coaches Polls (Sept 17)

Did we convert this man?

He put us at 24 , the reason we are in also receiving votes.

Screenshot_20230917-194324.png

Going to need to run through Army, Clemson, and probably FSU to get ranked
I think we get into one of the polls if we beat Army and Clemson. Lots of teams drop out of the bottom half of the rankings this time of year as we learn who is for real.

Much harder to move up past game six.

We havent beaten a team that has beaten another I-A team yet this season, and the first time our star player got breathed on by an opponent on a scholarship, he got injured for the season. I understand the reluctance of voters.

What we really need is some of those top 25 teams to lose

If we win this week and there is chaos with those top 25 teams (and it’s fully possible looking at the schedule) we could find ourselves 20-25
Unfortunately some of the end teams have cupcakes this week.

Best bet would be Tennessee losing to UTSA or Florida to Charlotte.

Washington State (who I think will win) won't be punished for losing to Oregon State.

Colorado won't be punished for getting punked by Oregon.

I've heard more than one talking head say they aren't ranking us higher because 1) our easy schedule to date, 2) losing our "best" player on offense and 3) last year's losing streak after being ranked

Not saying I agree, but I understand why some may be hesitant to put us higher

I've heard more than one talking head say they aren't ranking us higher because 1) our easy schedule to date, 2) losing our "best" player on offense and 3) last year's losing streak after being ranked

Not saying I agree, but I understand why some may be hesitant to put us higher
How does #2 make any sense? This ain't the Kenyon Martin Bearcats not getting the #1 seed.

#3 is dumb as well.

Then those writers should lose their vote because previous seasons should have no bearing on what the team is currently doing. That’s why I like the computer rankings because there are no preconceived judgments.
How does #2 make any sense? This ain't the Kenyon Martin Bearcats not getting the #1 seed.

#3 is dumb as well.
Yup.

People are stupid.

Apologies if this is already posted, didn't see it anywhere.

Pay article with Connelly's ranking of unbeaten teams. But here's a couple SU mentions:

17. Syracuse (3-0)​

SP+ and FPI rankings: 35th and 16th

SP+ strength of schedule to date: 116th

Odds of reaching 12-0, per SP+: 0.5%

What they did in Week 3: def. Purdue 35-20

Why they're ranked here: Here's a list of power conference teams that have exceeded SP+ projections more than Syracuse so far: Oklahoma. That's it. The Orange are dominating against the pass, Garrett Shrader nearly threw and rushed for 200 yards against Purdue, and the Cuse receiving corps are suddenly so deep that losing Oronde Gadsden II to a season-ending injury didn't slow them at all. What a revelation they've been.

Who won the Heisman this week?​

I am once again awarding the Heisman every single week of the season and doling out weekly points, F1-style (in this case, 10 points for first place, 9 for second, and so on). How will this Heisman race play out, and how different will the result be from the actual Heisman voting?

Here is Week 3's Heisman top 10:

1. Michael Penix Jr., Washington (27-for-35 for 473 yards and 4 touchdowns against Michigan State)

2. Jayden Daniels, LSU (30-for-34 for 361 yards and 2 touchdowns, plus 64 rushing yards and 2 touchdowns, against Mississippi State)

3. Dillon Gabriel, Oklahoma (28-for-31 for 421 yards, 5 TDs and 1 INT against Tulsa)

4. Darren Grainger, Georgia State (27-for-33 for 466 yards and 3 touchdowns, plus 23 rushing yards and a touchdown, against Charlotte)

5. Malik Nabers, LSU (13 catches for 239 yards and 2 touchdowns against Mississippi State)

6. Trevor Etienne, Florida (23 carries for 172 yards and a touchdown against Tennessee)

7. Shedeur Sanders, Colorado (38-for-47 for 348 yards, 4 touchdowns and an interception against Colorado State, plus a game-tying 98-yard touchdown drive in the final two minutes of regulation)

8. Yahsyn McKee, Miami (Ohio) (6 tackles, a TFL, 2 pass breakups, a blocked field goal that forced overtime and a game-sealing interception against Cincinnati)

9. Jaxson Dart, Ole Miss (10-for-18 for 251 yards and a touchdown, plus 136 rushing yards and 2 touchdowns against Georgia Tech)

10. Garrett Shrader, Syracuse (25 carries for 195 yards and 4 touchdowns, plus 184 passing yards and an interception against Purdue)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom