APR scores | Syracusefan.com

APR scores

Knicks411

Living Legend
Came out today!!! I had forgotten about this.

Anyway, 2011 scores (remember, this is all a year behind) came out today. It was 1,000, which is perfect.

Our 4 year score is now 936, which is pretty well clear of the cutline, which is 900. The year we were worried about was this year, but having 2 1000's is a real nice buffer. We'd need a 735 this year (which I don't think is possible with 4 Fab Melo's on your team) to be below 900 on the 4 year moving average.

So we were kinda freaking out for a bit on this, but I feel like we can put this one to bed.

Hats off to Dion for taking care of business in the class room. And apparently, Fab, too.

Score that came out is for the 2011 season. So we have no idea what Fab is going to do to the score.

I just realized; this makes Fab's excuse even more ridiculous; that he didn't know English. You were eligible last year, dude.

Great news for the team. I'm sure ESPN will include a big article about our success.

UConn is out as expected. Interesting news from the actual ESPN article on the local/America East front. Towson was one of the other 9 teams ruled ineligible for next season. Four McGlynn, who left the UVM program recently, just announced he will be attending Towson next year, although he will have to sit it out due to transfer rules.

Score that came out is for the 2011 season. So we have no idea what Fab is going to do to the score.

I just realized; this makes Fab's excuse even more ridiculous; that he didn't know English. You were eligible last year, dude.

You're right--thanks for the clarification.

Came out today!!! I had forgotten about this.

Anyway, 2011 scores (remember, this is all a year behind) came out today. It was 1,000, which is perfect.

Our 4 year score is now 936, which is pretty well clear of the cutline, which is 900. The year we were worried about was this year, but having 2 1000's is a real nice buffer. We'd need a 735 this year (which I don't think is possible with 4 Fab Melo's on your team) to be below 900 on the 4 year moving average.

So we were kinda freaking out for a bit on this, but I feel like we can put this one to bed.
EDIT:
To clarify: our yearly scores for 2010-11, 2009-10 & 2008-09 are 1000, 1000 & 865, respectively.

Anyway, next year at this time the important numbers will be 1000, 1000 & 865 plus whatever number comes out in June of 2013. An 735 next year (which reflects this year's class including Fab & Dion) would give us a 900 4-year average. That's good under current standards but it won't be next year: the 2013-14 postseason benchmark is either a 930 4-year average or a 940 2-year average. In order to get a 930 4-year average we need a 855 for the 2011-12 year.

If that is true BillJay, for a two year average of 940 we would only need an 880 for an average of 940 over past two years (1000+880=1880, /2=940)? Or do you need both the 940 over 2 and 930 over 4?

If that is true BillJay, for a two year average of 940 we would only need an 880 for an average of 940 over past two years (1000+880=1880, /2=940)? Or do you need both the 940 over 2 and 930 over 4?
Ah, nevermind, the Daily Orange I was reading for the 928 score was misleading (928 was the 4 year average but the single year number was 1000)

These are the teams that are Banned:

UConn
Towson
UNC-W
Toledo
Texas A&M CC
Cal State Bakersfield
Jacksonville State
Mississippi Valley State
Arkansas Pine Bluff
Cal Riverside

Quite the murderers' row Uconn is rubbing shoulders with.

I kind of feel bad for Uconn fans. They're program has been in a steady decline since the Rudy Gay years. This is not going to help matters, coupled with their decrepid coach and shitshow conference.
2007 No postseason
2008 first round loss
2009 Went to the final four after losing to Syracuse in their first BET game, led by a guy who stole laptops from his fellow classmates
2010 no postseason
2011 Flukiest of fluke titles in the history of sports
2012 looked ahead to UK and shat the bed in the first round.

Thank God for Kemba "What's a book?" Walker.

UConn's APR for this past year will be fine though, however we'll have to see how that fits into the rolling average.

That's good under current standards but it won't be next year: the 2013-14 postseason benchmark is either a 930 4-year average or a 940 2-year average. In order to get a 930 4-year average we need a 855 for the 2011-12 year.

Appreciate the clarification, I have had trouble keeping it straight.

An 865 seems like pretty much the absolute worst we could do, and we'd need a lot to go wrong. And since Dion came back and finished; I'm not too worried.

Nothing that we didn't expect, we knew we'd be 1000 for last year. I still worry about this years score which comes out next spring. We know Melo lost us 2 points and I am still not sure of Waiters. I know some have said he completed his work for the semester but he left Syracuse in early April and never came back, so I still wonder... Hopefully all of his work including finals could be down from afar.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I've heard good things about how we finished up this semester.

That's what everyone has been saying. I just wonder how.

I hear dions in syracuse as we speak, class act, proves people can change if they really want.

I just wonder what's so magical about a score of 930. How did they arrive at that as the number that matters?

Just about anyone can pass freshman courses regardless of what language they are taught in.

I kind of feel bad for Uconn fans. They're program has been in a steady decline since the Rudy Gay years..

It's okay to hate UConn, but programs "in a steady decline" don't win championships.

Fab came down with a bad case of Sammy Sosa.

I hear dions in syracuse as we speak, class act, proves people can change if they really want.

Is he taking summer classes or hanging out?

Just about anyone can pass freshman courses regardless of what language they are taught in.

Understood, but I would imagine the second year classes for a basketball player like Fab couldn't be that much more difficult.

It's okay to hate UConn, but programs "in a steady decline" don't win championships.
Unsteady decline would be a better term, wouldn't it? Has any program been more inconsistent? Even the year they won the title, they had a crappy regular season in the BE and entered the BET playing horribly.

Now they will go from winning a title to having a undistinguished/underachieving season to becoming a second division BE team that has no chance of making the tournament (even if they were eligible to play in it).

UConn fans are riding the crests and troughs like no other fans of college basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom