APR scores | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

APR scores

Just about anyone can pass freshman courses regardless of what language they are taught in.

Agreed. A dead guy would get one more GPA point than Fab Melo did.

Unsteady decline would be a better term, wouldn't it? Has any program been more inconsistent? Even the year they won the title, they had a crappy regular season in the BE and entered the BET playing horribly.

Now they will go from winning a title to having a undistinguished/underachieving season to becoming a second division BE team that has no chance of making the tournament (even if they were eligible to play in it).

UConn fans are riding the crests and troughs like no other fans of college basketball.

1997, 2000, 2007, 2010. All NIT teams at UConn, all teams of players integral in later postseason success at UConn (1999, 2002, 2009, 2012). UConn has had ups and downs for years.

I'm not sure if decline is even true, inconsistent is though.

BTW: Years after final fours or better, second round loss 2000, second round loss 2005, NIT, first round loss.

Unsteady decline would be a better term, wouldn't it? Has any program been more inconsistent? Even the year they won the title, they had a crappy regular season in the BE and entered the BET playing horribly.

Now they will go from winning a title to having a undistinguished/underachieving season to becoming a second division BE team that has no chance of making the tournament (even if they were eligible to play in it).

UConn fans are riding the crests and troughs like no other fans of college basketball.

Valid points, but compared to the SU basketball program almost all other programs could be termed inconsistent.

I wonder how many of our fans would trade the consistency we've enjoyed under Boeheim for an additional national championship? From what I read on this board and see and here elsewhere, I'd guess quite a few. Personally, I am of the opinion that because so much must fall into place to win a title under the current system, keeping score solely by titles won is a recipe for disappointment.

Oh man! It just won't be March Madness without Arkansas-Pine Bluff, California-Riverside or Cal State Bakersfield! Guess I won't take that Thursday and Friday off next year - what's the point?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom