Are any of you having conference move remorse? | Syracusefan.com

Are any of you having conference move remorse?

ForeverOrange

2nd String
I am ok with the shifting, but if we lose teams like clemson and Florida St. I would start to wonder are we on the losing end of this moving thing. I do realize that a move was needed to be made, just hope it was the right one.

I am ok with the shifting, but if we lose teams like clemson and Florida St. I would start to wonder are we on the losing end of this moving thing. I do realize that a move was needed to be made, just hope it was the right one.
No. We made the right move.

What were our other choices? Will we be making more money in the ACC, no matter what happens, than had we stayed in the Sun Beast?

The move looked good originally, but uncertainty doesn't make me comfortable.

Who knows where this whole thing will end up?

I do not feel that we made a bad move going to the ACC, but I do get your concerns that maybe waiting would have opened another door. That being said, I do not believe that there was nor would have been a better option.

There wasnt one coming at the time, the ACC was the only choice and the right one.

What sucks the most is that we were chosen ahead of Rutgers. It just so happened the chooser at the time happened to be vastly inferior to the one who would be choosing second.

The good news is, The Big Ten will never get a conference tourney in NYC, because it doesn't fit the Midwest demographic, AND who wants Rutgers as the flagship program for Big Ten Basketball in the East?

If FSU and its football dollars leave, then maybe. But for now, no.

What sucks the most is that we were chosen ahead of Rutgers. It just so happened the chooser at the time happened to be vastly inferior to the one who would be choosing second.

Actually, this hurts Rutgers more than helping them. Now, they will be forced to have a tougher schedule, & they will get crushed under the weight of Michigan, OSU, Michi State...

No. No matter what happens we're still better off - even IF Clemson (cough cough) and FSU left it's still better than the cluster Big East conference we were in.

Would STILL be THE best basketball conference and the football would be fine to with a lot of traditional schools. Miami, GTech, VTech, UNC, NC State, Pitt , BC and UVA plus the ND deal and that's not even adding anybody.

No. We made the right move.

Absolutely. SU did what they had to do, and the ACC is the best fit for us, geographically, academically, athletically. It's true that if we had not made the move to the ACC, we could possibly be entertained by the B10. But I'd rather be in the ACC anyway.

I don't agree with that at all. The ACC is a much better spot for us. And "Vastly Inferior?" Um, no.

I don't agree with that at all. The ACC is a much better spot for us. And "Vastly Inferior?" Um, no.

The ACC is vastly inferior to the Big 10, no question. It's not about being the best basketball conference, it's about the network.

The worst place to be right now is in the Big East.

So, no remorse. But more praying than before.

Actually, this hurts Rutgers more than helping them. Now, they will be forced to have a tougher schedule, & they will get crushed under the weight of Michigan, OSU, Michi State...

Oh, don't worry. Rutgers will schedule 2-3 high school teams out of conference.

Not one bit. We are in the better situation for SU. Whatever happens we will have a seat at the big boy table. I would prefer it be with the ACC.

The ACC is vastly inferior to the Big 10, no question. It's not about being the best basketball conference, it's about the network.

I think people focus too much on what is right now. Despite Maryland and Buttgers being in the B10, the East Coast is the ACC's. ND coming on just solidifies that. FSU, Miami, VT, Clemson, Georgia Tech, NCSt, UVA, Syracuse, Pitt, BC, et al, is a lineup that matches up against the B10. Unless, of course you believe FSU, Miami and VT will always stink and that Ohio State and Michigan will always be good.

ACC basketball is better, no question.

So it's just a matter of supporting the brand.

I swear there is such a defeatist around here. (No you individually KO.)

(Side note: When the ACC's premier programs are solid again, the style of football is superior to that of the B10 and SEC. These are offensive teams. That gets fans -- and viewers -- excited.)

I think people focus too much on what is right now. Despite Maryland and Buttgers being in the B10, the East Coast is the ACC's. ND coming on just solidifies that. FSU, Miami, VT, Clemson, Georgia Tech, NCSt, UVA, Syracuse, Pitt, BC, et al, is a lineup that matches up against the B10. Unless, of course you believe FSU, Miami and VT will always stink and that Ohio State and Michigan will always be good.

ACC basketball is better, no question.

So it's just a matter of supporting the brand.

I swear there is such a defeatist around here. (No you individually KO.)

(Side note: When the ACC's premier programs are solid again, the style of football is superior to that of the B10 and SEC. These are offensive teams. That gets fans -- and viewers -- excited.)

First of all, ND isn't a full-fledged member.

Second, this is all about money. That's why the ACC is vastly inferior. Nothing else matters.

No.

Our move was the correct one - the one that would re-establish rivalries - the one that would have geographic integrity - the one that would align us with solid academic schools - the one that would match us up with a number of quality private institutions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom