Are any of you having conference move remorse? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Are any of you having conference move remorse?

Not in the least. The B10 just added 2 money losing programs...and empty stadium fan bases. I mean really who looks desperate here - Delaney and the B10. I would fire him for making such dumb choices here. I think the B10 just got swindled big time.

Remorse no. But the next couple years will show what kind of smarts guys like Swofford and TGD have.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Not in the least. The B10 just added 2 money losing programs...and empty stadium fan bases. I mean really who looks desperate here - Delaney and the B10. I would fire him for making such dumb choices here. I think the B10 just got swindled big time.

I think a lot of you guys are underestimating the potential of Rutgers in the Big 10. The Big 10 Network just expanded into the NY and DC markets. That's a huge move for them. It's like Oprah going from a regional talk show to a nationally-syndicated powerhouse.

I'm probably the only one who feels Texas and Oklahoma want to even the score with the Big 10, Pac 12, and SEC. How better to pay back the Big 10 for taking Nebraska, the Pac 12 for refusing the 4 schools, and the SEC for taking Texas A&M, Missouri, then to join the ACC. I'm sure the channels never closed from the initial talks. For Texas and Oklahoma adding schools just dilutes the conference. They know the tradition of the schools in the ACC for all sports, and this would make them the dominant conference in Football and Basketball.

I'm probably the only one who feels Texas and Oklahoma want to even the score with the Big 10, Pac 12, and SEC. How better to pay back the Big 10 for taking Nebraska, the Pac 12 for refusing the 4 schools, and the SEC for taking Texas A&M, Missouri, then to join the ACC. I'm sure the channels never closed from the initial talks. For Texas and Oklahoma adding schools just dilutes the conference. They know the tradition of the schools in the ACC for all sports, and this would make them the dominant conference in Football and Basketball.

I could see Texas, but not Oklahoma. The Pac-12 will jump in and outbid the ACC for Oklahoma if it comes to that.

I think a lot of you guys are underestimating the potential of Rutgers in the Big 10. The Big 10 Network just expanded into the NY and DC markets. That's a huge move for them. It's like Oprah going from a regional talk show to a nationally-syndicated powerhouse.

The B1G has been in Chicago for YEARS.

We are where we belong. I do not believe that FSU or Clemson gives a crap about MD. This a non-event except for our axe to grind with Rutgers.

Every B1G school already has thousands of alumni in NYC. I'd say combined there are more alumni from all the B1G schools in NYC who have no interest in Rutgers football than people who care about Rutgers football or who will care once Rutgers becomes the doormat in B1G football and basketball. As a Hoosier basketball fan I have been hoping the B1G would buy-in to the NYC cable market for years, and I find it a little hard to believe that they had to add Rutgers in order to make that happen.

I guess long-term the only thing that matters is that when the chips fall we are the table with the big boys (which I am pretty sure we will be) but this thing with Florida St is kind of unsettling. I guess as fans the only thing we can do is sit back and watch things unfold.

The ACC has too much stock to be concerned about a dissolution. The worst case scenario is a merger with another major conference like the Big12, & the extraneous schools will be cast off. Syracuse is NOT an extraneous school in that situation.

I have remorse that this whole conf circlr jerk got started. its a shame

Is the ACC really a better basketball conference compared to the Big Ten? The Big Ten has arguably 3 of the top 10 basketball programs in the country in Indiana, Ohio State and Michigan State. With SU moving to the ACC, the ACC now has 3 in Duke, North Carolina and SU. While I and many others would prefer the style of play in the ACC, SU would move in a second to the Big 10 if they wanted us.

I think a big thing, is finding schools that fit with us. Like it or not, we are a relatively small school, and don't line up well with Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State etc. We're a private school, which is just different. Places like Miami, Duke, wake forest, and even UVA are much more like our school.

That said, it's going to be pretty devestating if FSU leaves. I really hope the ACC isn't another conference that will be slowly gutted. Its tough to imagine Miami being what it used to be, VT rising up again, with Syracuse, BC, UNC being competitive every year.

I still dont get really get the Clemson thing and why they think they are a school deserving of more. They have a passionate fanbase and thats it.

We'll just hope that rutgers gets crushed every year by penn state, ohio state, wisconsin etc. Those fan bases will take over that tiny stadium

We were not, nor are we ever, getting an invite from the B1G. ACC needs to get proactive. I'd start by sending a busload of high priced hookers to South Bend...and then another to Austin, Texas. The ACC's phone is ringing off the hook with calls from Lville, Cincy, USF and UCONN. They are not game changers.

Unfortunately, this is a tough time to sell ND on the concept that they need to join a conference in order to access the National Championship game.

After ND and Texas say no, it'll be a grudge match between Lville and UCONN. I'm hearing despite a lot of support for Louisville, it'll likely be UCONN.

I would also assume the folks at MSG are all fired up about a friday night Big East tourney semi doubleheader that features, SMU, S florida, cincy and Memphis. (Holy crap that looks worse on paper than in my head)

After ND and Texas say no, it'll be a grudge match between Lville and UCONN. I'm hearing despite a lot of support for Louisville, it'll likely be UCONN.

Depressing if it is UConn. Louisville has a potential football power. It has a 55,000 seat stadium that it actually fills. It has some of the best athletic facilities in the country.

Louisville also offers some symmetry as another potential ACC school with an in state SEC rival. It opens up a new market to the ACC. It also takes Louisville off the board for the Big 12.

Selfishly, since Rutgers stepped in and pealed $30,000,000 off of its boot, we really need UConn to not be a competitor in the Northeast.

Unfortunately, that might be just the move to drive FSU and Clemson right out the door. Do UNC and Duke not see that? Or are FSU and Clemson on board with that (for some unknown reason)?

Unfortunately, that might be just the move to drive FSU and Clemson right out the door. Do UNC and Duke not see that? Or are FSU and Clemson on board with that (for some unknown reason)?

This is exactly right. I can't stress this enough. If the bball schools win out and a bball school like Uconn is chosen as a replacement, FSU and Clemson are bye bye. Gone.

Louisville is the obvious choice. And I don't want to hear about academics. Without academics, Lville is the superior athletic brand (and much bigger football brand).

Not to mention if it ends up that we snag Lville and stabilization is the result, we've created for ourselves a better conference. Louisville > Maryland.

The logical choice, barring a Notre Dame ALL IN scenario, has to be Louisville.

The ACC would be wasting demographic resources on UCONN, because the Northeast is already covered by Syracuse & Boston College.

There just isn't a large enough fan base of UCONN followers to compare with Louisville fans & that whole market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom