Are Coleman and Roberson completely incapable of posting up? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Are Coleman and Roberson completely incapable of posting up?

DC has a jump hook. I saw it in high school. The problem is that he plays 2 feet below the rim. I don't think the staff thinks he can get it off, and can't afford to prioritize getting the ball to him.

At this point though, what do we have to lose. The kid has a big body and should be able to create some space. At least to keep the defense honest and kick it back out for open shots.

Roberson is a mess on anything that isn't a put back or transition.

DC has a jump hook. I saw it in high school. The problem is that he plays 2 feet below the rim. I don't think the staff thinks he can get it off, and can't afford to prioritize getting the ball to him.

At this point though, what do we have to lose. The kid has a big body and should be able to create some space. At least to keep the defense honest and kick it back out for open shots.

Roberson is a mess on anything that isn't a put back or transition.

At least kicking it inside to DC or Roberson on the blocks will allow the ball to move around differently than the windshield wiping we do on the outside. Maybe it'll free up some cross court passes. Maybe DC could hit some hooks. It's better than having him catch it at the top and look to get rid of it immediately...There has to be a better way to run an offense with this group than what we're seeing, right?

What is interesting about this thread, and it's been in my mind since the Roberson thread was started, is that our current HC and HC in waiting is supposed to be "the guy" at developing the big man. He did an amazing job with Rak...eventually, but it seems like nothing has been done to get Coleman ready for prime time. Not sure why this is happening, but it has to be a concern with the way things are scheduled for the future of this team. And maybe this is all just a function of our "offense" and not Hop's coaching chops. Wish I knew.
I think it's been hard to get Coleman ready for prime time when there has been so much uncertainty about his general physical conditioning and game readiness. He does appear healthy and capable of standing up to the rigors of actually playing at game speed now, so I am hopeful we will see him make strides as the season progresses.

I think it's been hard to get Coleman ready for prime time when there has been so much uncertainty about his general physical conditioning and game readiness. He does appear healthy and capable of standing up to the rigors of actually playing at game speed now, so I am hopeful we will see him make strides as the season progresses.

No doubt about his health issues. It just seems like nothing else has really changed. All things being equal, keeping him from bringing the ball back down would have been something they could have accomplished by this point. I hope you are right and he continues to move forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom