Are student back yet? 9 pm Tues vs VT | Syracusefan.com

Are student back yet? 9 pm Tues vs VT

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Recipe for a timely crowd of below 15,000.

At least Virginia Techs a solid team, if this were Georgia Tech or Miami we may not have 5 figures.

9 pm on A Tuesday, what the hell?

No students aren’t back yet. Classes start next Monday so they’ll trickle in this weekend.

SU announced 16,394 for Oakland on a Wednesday night. That was a crappy weather night and I think a slightly later start time (maybe 7:30?), so there was no walk-up. Same story tonight.* It looks like low-16s is about where season-ticket sales settled this year. Not the lowest conference crowd of the Dome era (there was a 14,000 for Rutgers over Christmas break in 2002), but probably bottom 10.

*It isn't enough that the ACC subjects us to these horrible 9:00 p.m. games, do they have to give us the least attractive opponent on the schedule for the late game as well? I swear this is the third time they've done this for VPI. I think there was a North Carolina State and maybe a BC as well.

SU announced 16,394 for Oakland on a Wednesday night. That was a crappy weather night and I think a slightly later start time (maybe 7:30?), so there was no walk-up. Same story tonight.* It looks like low-16s is about where season-ticket sales settled this year. Not the lowest conference crowd of the Dome era (there was a 14,000 for Rutgers over Christmas break in 2002), but probably bottom 10.

*It isn't enough that the ACC subjects us to these horrible 9:00 p.m. games, do they have to give us the least attractive opponent on the schedule for the late game as well? I swear this is the third time they've done this for VPI. I think there was a North Carolina State and maybe a BC as well.

There was a Pitt game a couple of years ago. I get the desire to maximize TV revenue, but this really is a slap in the face for fans, particularly out of towners. Despite that, I'll be making the 3 hour round trip, getting home around 1 a.m. and sleep walking through a 6 a.m. conference call with Hungary tomorrow morning.

There was a Pitt game a couple of years ago. I get the desire to maximize TV revenue, but this really is a slap in the face for fans, particularly out of towners. Despite that, I'll be making the 3 hour round trip, getting home around 1 a.m. and sleep walking through a 6 a.m. conference call with Hungary tomorrow morning.
You’re the hero we need.

I don't blame you, it's all I can do to make the 20 minute walk each way, get to sleep at midnight, and slog through a short-ish driving commute at 7:30 tomorrow morning.

It's rotten for fans. I know that SU thinks they don't have a say in this, but this is another reason why I don't care about stuff like the ACC Network - if wringing a few more measly bucks out of the world is the schools' chief priority, and it makes being a fan less enjoyable for me, what's the point?

That said, I'll be there. We've eaten these tickets in recent years, but it's a nice opportunity to spend time with my father and whatever other people show up in our section.

That said, I'll be there. We've eaten these tickets in recent years, but it's a nice opportunity to spend time with my father and whatever other people show up in our section.

Hey now.

I don't blame you, it's all I can do to make the 20 minute walk each way, get to sleep at midnight, and slog through a short-ish driving commute at 7:30 tomorrow morning.

It's rotten for fans. I know that SU thinks they don't have a say in this, but this is another reason why I don't care about stuff like the ACC Network - if wringing a few more measly bucks out of the world is the schools' chief priority, and it makes being a fan less enjoyable for me, what's the point?

I’m not going to make the two hour drive down from the Adirondacks tonight. I gave my tickets away to people who sit near me. It’s just too tough driving home around 1:00 am. In general, the crowds have been much smaller this year. I hope it’s a lively crowd. A loss tonight and we‘re looking at a 1-4 start during the easiest part of the schedule. We will need to make a high number of threes to stay in the game.

I had the flu for that 9:00 game and I was SO RELIEVED. At any rate, Consigliere, you are the Optimus Prime of fans! I doff my beret to you. You would be an even better fan if you kept standing up and shrieking at people that they suck If they don’t do what you do. :rolleyes:

I had the flu for that 9:00 game and I was SO RELIEVED. At any rate, Consigliere, you are the Optimus Prime of fans! I doff my beret to you. You would be an even better fan if you kept standing up and shrieking at people that they suck If they don’t do what you do. :rolleyes:

Just one of many, bb! Going to be even easier next year after I retire and move NORTH!

That's right, it was right around this time of year, maybe a Monday or Tuesday in 2018? I also had the flu and it made a tough decision not to attend very easy. I was wiped out for 24 hours.

That's right, it was right around this time of year, maybe a Monday or Tuesday in 2018? I also had the flu and it made a tough decision not to attend very easy. I was wiped out for 24 hours.
I was RELIEVED I had the flu. Ha ha! And I laid for 8 days on my recliner. Yucko. No such luck tonight! :rolleyes:

I’m not going to make the two hour drive down from the Adirondacks tonight. I gave my tickets away to people who sit near me. It’s just too tough driving home around 1:00 am. In general, the crowds have been much smaller this year. I hope it’s a lively crowd. A loss tonight and we‘re looking at a 1-4 start during the easiest part of the schedule. We will need to make a high number of threes to stay in the game.

Where in the Adirondacks?

*Check that. I see Brantingham Lake, looked at the profile.

16,504 is, by my count, the fifth-smallest home conference crowd in Dome history. UConn in 1983, Clemson in 2016, Seton Hall in 1983, and Rutgers (14,322) in 2002 round out that list.

I will say it was actually loud at times and the number of people who left early (unlike Saturday) was close to zero.

I like the 9 pm tip tonight so I don't have to miss the jeopardy goat.
Had the same plan. Obviously the Jeopardy hour was much more enjoyable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom