Are the Clemson fans really booing our injuries? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Are the Clemson fans really booing our injuries?

We've had piles of teams fake injuries to slow down tempo. That's whats happening. Fans don't know if its real or not but are tired of the conveniently timed ones.

No doubt, they are going to end up booing legitimate injuries so I'm not into it, but that is what's happening.

Why? Your offense isn't all that good.

As a Clemson fan I think it's completely idiotic and a disgrace to our fan base. For once it's not even the student section doing most of the stupid stuff - it's all the other fans. Ever since Georgia faked injuries numerous times last year people have started doing it. I'd like to apologize on behalf of all the fans that agree with this.

On another note, y'all played a great game and it's been a pleasure having y'all in town. Your corners were pretty impressive against a decently talented receiving corps and Long looks like he has a good bit of talent to grow and build upon. Looking forward to next year's game.

As a Clemson fan I think it's completely idiotic and a disgrace to our fan base. For once it's not even the student section doing most of the stupid stuff - it's all the other fans. Ever since Georgia faked injuries numerous times last year people have started doing it. I'd like to apologize on behalf of all the fans that agree with this.

On another note, y'all played a great game and it's been a pleasure having y'all in town. Your corners were pretty impressive against a decently talented receiving corps and Long looks like he has a good bit of talent to grow and build upon. Looking forward to next year's game.

Thanks for making this post.

It really was disgusting, IMO. Glad to see that it wasn't the entire fanbase.

For the most part we really like your fans and want to be seen as a competitor to you guys on a yearly basis. Good luck against the scum from USC.

dasher said:
they think we are slowing the game down on purpose. Classy fans just like their coach.
Such a high powered offense they have. Needed to gather ourselves after all those 3 yard plays

MDT1GER said:
We've had piles of teams fake injuries to slow down tempo. That's whats happening. Fans don't know if its real or not but are tired of the conveniently timed ones. No doubt, they are going to end up booing legitimate injuries so I'm not into it, but that is what's happening.
What's happening is that your fans are stupid

Thanks for making this post.

It really was disgusting, IMO. Glad to see that it wasn't the entire fanbase.
Sounded like the entire stadium on tv.

It's really maybe 10% of the fan base and then you just hear all the people around them hushing them. As we all know though the few bad apples always stand out with that kind of nonsense.
10%.

No way.

Other than Hickey, every player who went down for Syracuse either is injured, or just came back from injury.

Eskridge - playing hurt
Raymon - reconstructive knee surgery less than a year ago
Estime - first game back (and I don't think Estime returned, did he?)

Did anyone else go down?

Did I warn you guys about Clemson fans

It wassss justaaa matter of time. Imagine living with them in South Carolina for two freakin years
This is every fanbase in the southeast. Clemson isn't a uniquely awful fanbase. They're an ultra-passionate fanbase in a borderline CFB psychotic part of the country. This group includes Clemson/FSU and the SEC. You're going to have a vocal minority turn in that environment.

TigerWill is correct. It really wasn't that many fans booing. The sound of that syllable does carry though and I can imagine that it sounded like the whole stadium on TV. It just wasn't. I was embarrassed when it happened and it's embarrassing now. I assure you that the majority of our fans are not like that. The ones who travel with the team definitely aren't like that. I too apologize for their stupidity.

Even if I think a player is faking an injury to slow the game, I'm not going to boo them - and I didn't think they were if that matters. For that matter, I don't boo a player on any team for any reason.

Again, apologies for the bad behavior on the part of however many of our fans booed your players.

Last year at NC State, as Dyshawn Davis layed writhing in pain from his high ankle sprain/break/lower body injury, a chant started over the PA. Starting with "WOLF", the crowd was prompted to respond "PACK" on the video board. The crowd responded pretty well to it, too. It was pretty obvious Dyshawn was in great pain, and indeed, he missed several games. To do this while a player was on his back, it was really beyond the pale to me.

This is every fanbase in the southeast. Clemson isn't a uniquely awful fanbase. They're an ultra-passionate fanbase in a borderline CFB psychotic part of the country. This group includes Clemson/FSU and the SEC. You're going to have a vocal minority turn in that environment.

I love how they keep saying, it only happens on sustained drives!!!

Honestly, not a ton of injuries on our side to begin with, and not each were on these epic drives of beauty that ESPN is going to be running tapes of for the next 40 years......so the booing seems in poor taste all around. The score was 6-3 in the third quarter, I doubt our players were all that concerned with Clemson's phenomenal fast-paced juggernaut offense that was going up and down the field at a breakneck speed. lol

Also, yeah, the odds of it happening on sustained drives is going to be much higher in general. It's not rocket science. When you're not throwing the ball out of bounds, and generally doing nothing on offense - well, better chance of an injury cuz the defense has to actually make plays.

They should start booing their team for having sustained drives. Bastards!!!!!

:)

Funny. You've got some idiot, presumably from SOUTH FREAKIN CAROLINA, questioning if we have the internet. Meanwhile their message board is straight out of 1997.

I am amused by the simplicity of their thoughts.

Tigernet is an absolute joke. If you want any decent info from there you have to sort through pages upon pages of mindless drivel. Shakin' the Southland is a much better, more realistic representation of our fan base.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom