are the thunder in trouble? | Syracusefan.com

are the thunder in trouble?

Clever--trying to conjure the anti-jinx that worked against you last year!

I see what you're doing...

while i love what they have put together in okc, i want to see lebron get his championship. a stand-up guy, with once in a generation talent, lebron doesn't deserve all the hate he receives.

plus, we won't have to listen to all the media yap for another year about lebron. now, only if we can find a way to get tebow out of the sports media...

while i love what they have put together in okc, i want to see lebron get his championship. a stand-up guy, with once in a generation talent, lebron doesn't deserve all the hate he receives.

plus, we won't have to listen to all the media yap for another year about lebron. now, only if we can find a way to get tebow out of the sports media...
stand up guy?
apparently you didn't see 'The Decision'
read or hear any of his comments regarding his 'home-town' team
any other douche quote he has made

stand up guy?

its time to move beyond the decision, which he made at a boys & girls club, in which he donated tons of money to, including any money made off 'the decision'.

lebron has done nothing but good for the league. yes, a stand-up guy. deserves more credit for his off the court deeds and his on the court production, which can never be good enough for people like skip bayless.

a role model. a guy who never got in trouble with the law. show the man some respect.

i hope his new found love for reading spreads among kids and causes a similar response to oprah's book club.

No

He is egomaniacal and self centered ... he will get respect when it is earned, not expected

Carmelo sucker punches Mardy Collins? Well he's just a kid.

Lebron donates money to poor kids? RRRRRRRRRRRRAWWWWWWWWR douchebag.

No

He is egomaniacal and self centered ... he will get respect when it is earned, not expected

I don't think he's a saint but I think it's hilRious when people take the decision more personally than Clevlanders ever did.

I don't think he's a saint but I think it's hilRious when people take the decision more personally than Clevlanders ever did.

People in Cleveland were pretty upset.

The Decision, the fireworks, the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, infinity title show for the Heat fans. They decided to put their arrow on their backs, I get that it becomes popular to hate on the haters, but he (they) invited all of this openly. Should people move past it - maybe, but sports is just entertainment.

I root against a whole lot of players for no reason at all (usually because they play for a team I dislike like the Red Sox - that's right Dustin Pedroia I'm talking about you) - and I think a lot people are like that. It's not a big deal, it seems like the defenders are more emotional or take it more personally imo - since they seem genuinely offended that someone could hate on LeBron.

so who wins tonight?

spoelstra actually made some great adjustments for game 2 (i think he is to blame for many of the heat's recent losses). will brooks return the favor for game three is the question.

stand up guy?

There are far worse guys in the NBA than LeBron James. Was Kobe's sexual assault trial worse than the The Decision? Do his rings make him better guy than LeBron? I would much rather have my kid look up to LeBron James than: Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan.

44cuse

The Decision, the fireworks, the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, infinity title show for the Heat fans. They decided to put their arrow on their backs, I get that it becomes popular to hate on the haters, but he (they) invited all of this openly. Should people move past it - maybe, but sports is just entertainment.

I root against a whole lot of players for no reason at all (usually because they play for a team I dislike like the Red Sox - that's right Dustin Pedroia I'm talking about you) - and I think a lot people are like that. It's not a big deal, it seems like the defenders are more emotional or take it more personally imo - since they seem genuinely offended that someone could hate on LeBron.

It's actually not about that for me. It's when people are just so flat out wrong in their statements. It's about accuracy not about emotion. Saying that LeBron is 2nd fiddle on this team, or all of the other inaccuracies that come out is what I think most people are reacting to.

44cuse

Yeah, pretty sure that nobody here cares enough to burn James' jersey in effigy.

Totally agree with the last paragraph of your post. Any criticism of James, regardless of how innocuous it is, results in angry, often personal, responses, almost as if a close friend or family member is being attacked. Pretty odd, IMO

The question was about Lebron ... and he is a major tool

Kobe is a terrible husband

Michael Jordan is a gambling addict

Shawn Kemp is a terrible father

We can go on and on in every sport and every aspect of life ... does not change the fact that Lebron is a self centered ass who made outrageous claims without being able to back it up. And if the Heat win, it will be noted that he needed Bosh's monster game 7 against Boston to even get to the finals and he needed wade, bosh, and battier to do it.

So congrats, one title ... where are the other seven he gloated about?

We can go on and on in every sport and every aspect of life ... does not change the fact that Lebron is a self centered ass who made outrageous claims without being able to back it up. And if the Heat win, it will be noted that he needed Bosh's monster game 7 against Boston to even get to the finals and he needed wade, bosh, and battier to do it.

Let's see if my previous post in this thread rings true...

Thank you for confirming everything. The haters will apparently always hate.

Prove it on the court ... dont expect it

Jordan proved it
Johnson proved it
Shaq proved it

Lebron has not

OKC has them right where Dallas did last year. 3 in a row coming...Durante time

Durant is the best player and citizen in the NBA. He is not going out like this. Beast mode coming

Durant is the best player and citizen in the NBA. He is not going out like this. Beast mode coming
Best citizen? Yes, that always correlates with team performance. How silly of me to forget that.

I still think it goes back to OKC.

And if the Heat win, it will be noted that he needed Bosh's monster game 7 against Boston to even get to the finals and he needed wade, bosh, and battier to do it.

I love comments like these. I must've missed all those titles that were literally won by a single player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom