Are they any class of 2021 or 2022 guards we have a good shot to land? | Syracusefan.com

Are they any class of 2021 or 2022 guards we have a good shot to land?

Alsacs

Living Legend
Or is it going to be transfers as our best bet?

I ask because we could actually use depth in case 2 of our 3 guards struggle in a game and we can actually win games not playing guys who aren’t shooting well.

There is always a question or two on any new guards or At any other position. 1) Are they good enough to contribute? 2) Can they break into the rotation?

We have recruited players in the past that have the reputation or the potential but they could not reach the point of being a contributor. It has been awhile since we have had four true contributors at any one of the positions.

If you were a guard and you saw our starting lineup and the bias they are getting for their lack of production....would u consider here? I wouldnt even blame Kadary to transfer outta here (I obviously dont want him to but)

That would seem to be almost impossible now (from the outside looking in) given the number of school transfers and days of school he has missed.
If he qualifies for a reclass, you have to wonder if he will academically qualify in his first half of his freshman year.

With the emergence of Braswell and addition of Williams next year I think you will see a lot more of Griffin at guard. Newton has also played some minutes at the top of the zone and shown that he can handle that. Positional flexibility over extra bodies.

With the emergence of Braswell and addition of Williams next year I think you will see a lot more of Griffin at guard. Newton has also played some minutes at the top of the zone and shown that he can handle that. Positional flexibility over extra bodies.
That would mean taking away some of Buddy B. minutes at the 2G. Daddy says ( NO )

Maybe Chaz can develop as good as Ron Harper jr did at Rutgers.

No ones getting more guard mins anytime soon.

If you were a guard and you saw our starting lineup and the bias they are getting for their lack of production...would u consider here? I wouldnt even blame Kadary to transfer outta here (I obviously dont want him to but)
I was thinking the same thing last night watching the game, we are going to run out one of our few bright spots cause we choose to play two subpar players for 35 minutes.

No ones getting more guard mins anytime soon.
If by some unfortunate chance I ever test positive, I can guarantee you-know-who will be in my contact tracing report. This is a rare opportunity to override JB's minutes distribution.

Sorry. My response to the OP doesn’t fit the board narrative.
Love the folks that use the word narrative as if the board has just created a theory that Buddy and Girard played 37 mins each on Saturday night against a crap team.

If you really think that Griffin or anyone for that matter is going to start getting minutes at guard, where do you think they are going to come from? Is Kadary then going to get 0? He's only getting 13mpg outside of the 3 emergency starts due to Buddy's absence.

I am sure he would be willingly to be the leader of the bench mob and is a good team chemistry guy.
And he'd clamp Joe in every practice. No doubt in my mind on that one.

And before everyone freaks out, I'm just kidding here.

Love the folks that use the word narrative as if the board has just created a theory that Buddy and Girard played 37 mins each on Saturday night against a crap team.

If you really think that Griffin or anyone for that matter is going to start getting minutes at guard, where do you think they are going to come from? Is Kadary then going to get 0? He's only getting 13mpg outside of the 3 emergency starts due to Buddy's absence.
Awwwww... Love u too!
The OP asked if we were looking to add an emergency 4th guard in the next couple of classes. I replied that Griff played almost exclusively at the 2 for Illinois and that we put Woody at the top of the zone a couple of times already.
I certainly don’t expect either of those players to play a lot of minutes in the backcourt. An I am happy with the 34, 31, 23 distribution of minutes our three true guards are getting.
The “narrative “ that Boeheim refuses to play good players so his son and his son’s pal can play 40 is tiresome and unsupported by the facts this year, unless you want to disregard everything except the last game to tell your story.

Awwwww... Love u too!
The OP asked if we were looking to add an emergency 4th guard in the next couple of classes. I replied that Griff played almost exclusively at the 2 for Illinois and that we put Woody at the top of the zone a couple of times already.
I certainly don’t expect either of those players to play a lot of minutes in the backcourt. An I am happy with the 34, 31, 23 distribution of minutes our three true guards are getting.
The “narrative “ that Boeheim refuses to play good players so his son and his son’s pal can play 40 is tiresome and unsupported by the facts this year, unless you want to disregard everything except the last game to tell your story.
Using 23 as Kadarys mpg makes it seem reasonable. The problem is that 34, 31 and 23 add up to 88.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom