Are they any class of 2021 or 2022 guards we have a good shot to land? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Are they any class of 2021 or 2022 guards we have a good shot to land?

Using 23 as Kadarys mpg makes it seem reasonable. The problem is that 34, 31 and 23 add up to 88.
Those are the current mpg numbers for our three guards. Because Buddy missed 3 games and has played a few minutes at SF the total is skewed a bit. Kadary averages just under 18 in the games when all three have been active.

Those are the current mpg numbers for our three guards. Because Buddy missed 3 games and has played a few minutes at SF the total is skewed a bit. Kadary averages just under 18 in the games when all three have been active.

They won't be happy until Kadary is at 35, and Joe at 18. But wait, they don't want any guard over 30. Sooooooo, I guess they'll never be happy. Until maybe 2023.

They won't be happy until Kadary is at 35, and Joe at 18. But wait, they don't want any guard over 30. Sooooooo, I guess they'll never be happy. Until maybe 2023.
Yeah because nobody has said superstars like MCW or Gbinije shouldn’t play over 30.

All conference talent should play superstar minutes not our current starters.
But yeah you totally nail the point.

Nah, I think folks'll be happy when Kadary gets to play, when it's clear that one or both of Joe or Buddy aren't particularly "on" in a given game.

And even when they are.
He still deserves some minutes, in both halves, of EVERY game.

Neither of Buddy or Joe is good enough to warrant more than 30 minutes a game, when we have other capable talent that can bring other things to the table besides occasionally decent shooting.

So, Buddy 30, and Joe & Kadary at say 25 each would work.
I can't speak for all, but that would make me very happy.

Nah, I think folks'll be happy when Kadary gets to play, when it's clear that one or both of Joe or Buddy aren't particularly "on" in a given game.

And even when they are.

Neither of Buddy or Joe is good enough to warrant more than 30 minutes a game, when we have other capable talent that can bring other things to the table besides occasionally decent shooting.

Yeah, you hit the key thing - when a guard is playing poorly, rotate them out.

That goes for Kadary too. I just don't think we've seen him have the kind of stinker games Jackson and Joey have had and still play through it though.

Yeah because nobody has said superstars like MCW or Gbinije shouldn’t play over 30.

All conference talent should play superstar minutes not our current starters.
But yeah you totally nail the point.

And even when they are.

I'm just happy we aren't the coaches.

I’ll say it again because you still clearly don’t get it. You totally nailed the point with your post above.
Totally nailed it.

Thought so.

You don’t get it my god. Get the freaking point if you going to go down this hole.
My god. You are fighting a point you don’t get.

I get your passive agressive sarcasm just fine. It doesn't make your point any more valid. I think JB has this handled just fine as well.

I really don’t get why don’t have a class of 2021 guard.

We are losing Marek and Sidibe.

We got Williams.

So we had room for another recruit.

We have zero class of 2022 commits yet.

We have projects on this roster Frank Ansalem, Chaz Owens, Jessie Edwards, Jon Bol Ajak.

It’s just ridiculously poor roster management.

We don’t change and yet the frustration is just unjust complaining .

We got Williams.

We have projects on this roster Frank Ansalem, Chaz Owens, Jessie Edwards, Jon Bol Ajak.

No doubt, too many projects and poor roster management.

Regarding the available scholarship, I think that the staff might be expecting the transfer market to heat up (coming and going).

We got Williams.

Forget securing a committment

They only put out 1 offer to a guard in 2021
Kennedy Chandler, PG committed to TN

Last offseason they lost 3 to transfer and only brought in 1. Im not counting Chaz Owens, that's a legacy charity to Billy who will probably never contribute on the court. And that 1, Kadary, is about to have his confidence messed with and up getting "Boehiemed"

You could count AG, but Jim refuses to play him in the backcourt because...

Jim must still think he can get to the top of the ACC with his son playing 40 mins

The lack of action or attention to this is almost criminal when you look at it closely. Its like they don't want to recruit anybody that would take minutes from Buddy

Last offseason they lost 3 to transfer and only brought in 1. Im not counting Chaz Owens, that's a legacy charity to Billy who will probably never contribute on the court. And that 1, Kadary, is about to have his confidence messed with and up getting "Boehiemed"

Jim must still think he can get to the top of the ACC with his son playing 40 mins

The lack of action or attention to this is almost criminal when you look at it closely. Its like they don't want to recruit anybody that would take minutes from Buddy
I’m good with Chaz Owens being on the roster and on scholarship. He is exactly what JB should be doing for former players. We can have one project on the roster maybe two but not four.

How we only offered one guard this cycle is unconscionable.

Well, let's keep in mind that we had a 5 star recruit who was one of the top rated guards in HS slated to come into the class of 2022, and they were ostensibly keeping slots open to put a cadre of his buddies around him.

Hope we've pivoted switfly enough to salvage that class. Will be very, very interesting to see what happens to that blue chip PF recruit we're chasing hard for '22.

Well, let's keep in mind that we had a 5 star recruit who was one of the top rated guards in HS slated to come into the class of 2022, and they were ostensibly keeping slots open to put a cadre of his buddies around him.

Hope we've pivoted switfly enough to salvage that class. Will be very, very interesting to see what happens to that blue chip PF recruit we're chasing hard for '22.
Fair enough but once Goodine transferred they should have immediately started offering a SG or combo guard from the 21 class to make up the loss of that scholarship on the depth chart, they didnt, so now for this year AND next year, Buddy can stay in the game and play 40 even when he is O for x from 3.

You cant just take a recruiting class off because you think you will eventually get verbals from the class after it. That is very speculative investing that is destined to fail.

So they have many offers out in 22, despite already losing the Dior commitment, and OSU seuring Gayle. Meanwhile the 21-22 season will be more of the same on the court unless there are lineup changes and/or major impact transfers

Jim even said, "we have no options" why is that?

Id suggest to him, move AG to 2 and off the back line, and realize you should have started recruiting a guard in the class of 21 about 10 months ago as our doors are being blown off by Pitt!

Sure feels like with JB's choices he's making it quite easy for opposing coaches to recruit against us for guards.

What would happen if Jaden Hardy wanted to come here? What would JB do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom