Are we even going to get selected to a bowl if we finish 6-6? | Syracusefan.com

Are we even going to get selected to a bowl if we finish 6-6?

Marsh01

Living Legend
I know we wil be "bowl eligible" but assuming we finish 6-6 (which would mean 2-4 in conference) and finish DFL assuming USF wins one more conference game, do we really expect to get picked for a bowl?

I'm not so sure we even get picked.

35 bowls require 70 teams.

6 wins will get us somewhere ... the Ice Road Truckers Bowl in Fairbanks, AK, maybe.

35 bowls require 70 teams.

6 wins will get us somewhere ... the Ice Road Truckers Bowl in Fairbanks, AK, maybe.

Assuming Uconn wins 2 of their last 3 to become bowl eligible (they have Lville/Rutgers/Cincy) that would probably mean that every team in the BE wil be bowl eligible. I would think that would leave someone out and I would think that would be us.

If Uconn does not win 2 of 3 and therefore would not be bowl eligible then I would feel better.

Of course it's completely irrelevant if we lose our last 2 games.

Pinstripe Bowl will want us yet again. We put people in the seats there. It would be great if they pushed Rutgers out of the way for us. Rutgers was a terrible draw this past weekend.

We won't be getting a BE bowl, but there should be openings available from other conferences.

Pinstripe Bowl will want us yet again. We put people in the seats there. It would be great if they pushed Rutgers out of the way for us. Rutgers was a terrible draw this past weekend.

You don't think they'd wanna diversify, swap between SU, Rutgers, and UConn to get all the BE "area" teams (and I use the term area loosely) involved?

We don't deserve a bowl, but I certainly hope we get one for the extra weeks of practice.

44cuse

BBVA vs. Tennessee would be pretty nice. on Jan 7th.

We don't deserve a bowl, but I certainly hope we get one for the extra weeks of practice.

44cuse
IMHO, we would deserve a bowl as much as any other 6-6 team would.
But we have to get to that point first, and who's to say we don't end up 7-5?

Yeah, I had to yell at my own Mom last night when she spouted the old "we don't deserve a bowl" nonsense. We have to beat either Pitt or Cincy to be eligible. If that happens we deserve a bowl as much (or more) than any other 6-6 team out there. They "suck" as bad as we do.

Yeah, I had to yell at my own Mom last night when she spouted the old "we don't deserve a bowl" nonsense. We have to beat either Pitt or Cincy to be eligible. If that happens we deserve a bowl as much (or more) than any other 6-6 team out there. They "suck" as bad as we do.
If we can pull it off, it would be the first time SU has gone to back-to-back bowls since 1998-99. That in itself would be a meaningful milestone in attempting to restore our national cache.

My point was: 6-6 teams don't deserve bowls. IE: there are too many bowls. I could care less and I watch all kinds of bowl games so selfishly I like watching the games. But still do not believe 6-6 teams earned anything.

44cuse

My point was: 6-6 teams don't deserve bowls. IE: there are too many bowls. I could care less and I watch all kinds of bowl games so selfishly I like watching the games. But still do not believe 6-6 teams earned anything.

44cuse

I'll agree with that.

I don't think the pinstripe would have us back. I'm thinking rutgers gets it.

One hour later and no one made an obvious "I was yelling at your Mom last night too" joke? No one?

*sigh* What's happened to this place?

;)

SU would be a decent consolation prize for the Pinstripe, but I'd be surprised if we attended that game this year in the same numbers we did last year (unless we win the next two) and I think they may know that. Last year was definitely a novelty -- NYC, first bowl game in 5 years, etc. Not sure it'd draw people out this year.

Anyone know if we're bowl eligible and don't get selceted if we could still run the post season practices? The extra practice time is the only thing about a bowl game this year that interests me.

SU would be a decent consolation prize for the Pinstripe, but I'd be surprised if we attended that game this year in the same numbers we did last year (unless we win the next two) and I think they may know that. Last year was definitely a novelty -- NYC, first bowl game in 5 years, etc. Not sure it'd draw people out this year.

I agree with all of that but if we draw a decent opponent (not K-State for the 15th time), it may be something people come out for. Would Texas be in the cards possibly?

I'm not sure, I think it may not be the same as last year, but there are still a lot of alumni in the NYC, LI, CT, NJ area who would go. I even know some who graduated with me last May that would go this year that didn't go last year.

Anyone know if we're bowl eligible and don't get selceted if we could still run the post season practices? The extra practice time is the only thing about a bowl game this year that interests me.

No bowl ... no practice.

No bowl ... no practice.

Well we don't travel great, but we travel better than some alternatives. Also, we've proven capable of playing an exciting brand of football so we've got that going for us too if we get to 6 wins.

The blizzard kept many people away from the Pinstripe Bowl last year. Better weather - even if not great - should offset the lack of novelty for 'Cuse as far as attendance goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom