are we rooting for the Niners? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

are we rooting for the Niners?

Eh...he was 3rd in the NFL in YPA.
You’re correct. Just checked PFF. Perhaps it was the playoff-only graphic they showed in his last game, or his attempts breakdown by zones 0-10, 10-20, 20+.

One of those indicators showed how the 49ers offense targets opposing defenses, and it’s rarely beyond 10 yards through the air.

Stats are a weird thing. I watch a lot of NFL and you can’t tell me Jimmy Garrapolo is a guy who pushes the ball down the field.

For comparison, Josh Allen is way down that list, yet, frustratingly, struggles to check down. Most his throws are intermediate range darts. I suppose if you throw a ton of 5 yard slants and 6 deep balls per game, you’re YPA will be more than the guy who consistently throws 10-15 yards down the field with only 1 or 2 deep shots.

Basically, what I’m saying, is that Garrappalo isn’t a guy who’s very respected in NFL circles as anything more than a game manager right now. It doesn’t mean he doesn’t have the ability, but so far, they haven’t let him try.

Last edited:
I agree with this 1000%
Now we can tell 4 star QB recruits the Dino / Gilbert 1-2 punch that coached Super Bowl QB Jimmy Garapolo will make you the center of the Cuse Offense.
They also coached Gehrig Dieter at BG!!

My father was a chiefs from when he became aware in life. He knew for certain they would win the super bowl this year and was able to watch their first one. Unfortunately, he passed away earlier this month before being able to see them make the super bowl again. So go Chiefs!

Also, he wasn't a board reader but I'd often share the conversation with him about Syracuse. When he heard the boehiem needs to retire talk his response was "they are out of their (explicit) minds." lol.

He was also had a huge man crush on HCDB and was happy the school finally brought some divesity to the head coach ranks.

As far as San Francisco, I live less than a mile from Levi. Their fans are unbearable like most home teams are to visitors. I'd love to be able to drink their tears in the coming weeks.

I'd love to see JG drive the Niners in the closing seconds to win this game 45-42 on a perfect pass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom