are we the story of college basketball this season? | Syracusefan.com

are we the story of college basketball this season?

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
first year in the acc. 2 epic/controversial games against duke. epic ennis buzzer beater. epic boeheim meltdown. last undefeated team from a major conference. tons of close games. what other team has gotten more attention/publicity that us?

this team will get its 2nd wind. alot of distractions and attention on the team this year. mental fatigue. 3 games in 17 days starting now will be a big help.

first year in the acc. 2 epic/controversial games against duke. epic ennis buzzer beater. epic boeheim meltdown. last undefeated team from a major conference. tons of close games. what other team has gotten more attention/publicity that us?

this team will get its 2nd wind. alot of distractions and attention on the team this year. mental fatigue. 3 games in 17 days starting now will be a big help.
kansas and arizona in uncompetitive conferences. louisville stuck in purgatory for a year. big ten sucks. no one cares about SEC basketball.

Plus winning in Maui, which seems like forever ago but was good publicity at the time.

It might just be my perspective, but it seems that we have been a focus of national attention for quite a few years now (some good/some not good) - Nat Champ in 2003, Vermont exit, 6 OT game, Best Team before Arinze goes down 2010, Bad Call Marquette 2011, Fine Mess, Fab Melo Fiasco , Final Four last year . . . . we are pretty lucky imo.

We are, and the problem is, like all good things that slip up, the coverage is mostly negative at this point.

How far we will drop, do we deserve a 1, lucky escapes, are we at risk of losing early in the tournament, etc.

Before the BC game, l loved reading every SU article I came across, now the odds are most articles, tweets, halftime commentary that I read or hear is pretty negative.

We are, and the problem is, like all good things that slip up, the coverage is mostly negative at this point.

How far we will drop, do we deserve a 1, lucky escapes, are we at risk of losing early in the tournament, etc.

Before the BC game, l loved reading every SU article I came across, now the odds are most articles, tweets, halftime commentary that I read or hear is pretty negative.
We can do something about that. A win at UVA will turn the narrative around real quick.

The biggest story was supposed to be wiggins, parker, and the great wildcat Recruiting class. But that story did not live upto the hype

Oh wait until the annual media hatchet job take-down that is about 3.5 weeks away. Remember "throw a dart at the rule book..."?

We way are up there but to me the biggest story is SMU. Pretty remarkable what Larry Brown has done this year.

We used to be. Hopefully we will be again.

Nothing against you Corduroy but I can't begin to express how much I have started to hate the word 'epic' as it used in sports clichés delivered by writers, commentators, analysts etc.
And the worst of them all is "EPIC FAIL".
Forgive me but it has moved to the top of my list of epic annoyances.

Nothing against you Corduroy but I can't begin to express how much I have started to hate the word 'epic' as it used in sports clichés delivered by writers, commentators, analysts etc.
And the worst of them all is "EPIC FAIL".
Forgive me but it has moved to the top of my list of epic annoyances.

Add in now ambiguous words like "sick" and "stupid" and "mad". The language is being degraded and becoming more and more meaningless.

I still don't know if "shaky" potatoes are good or bad. Or if they simply are.

Yes we are. From the undefeated 25-0 start, to the unbelievable loss at BC (which happened during the snoozfest Olympics)... Our two games with Duke which had incredibly high TV ratings and had way higher ratings than the Duke N Carolina game two nights before... To Jim Boeheim's first ever ejection from a college basketball game... to the stories about the refs and how our games have been called... to the way we pull out games at the end and the number of games we have won by so few points...to Tyler Ennis and his veins of ice...to our explosive entrance into the ACC!!!!

Compared to Wichita St. (SUPER SNOOZEFEST)... the non existent not as talented as expected Kentucky...U of Arizona in a part of the country where no one knows what college basketball is (trust me I live there and finding a bar that not only carries Full Court, but even knows what it is becomes a challenge to find)...to the Big East becoming 2 incredibly boring and non relevant conferences (I agree SMU is a decent story)...

Noexcuse said:
It might just be my perspective, but it seems that we have been a focus of national attention for quite a few years now (some good/some not good) - Nat Champ in 2003, Vermont exit, 6 OT game, Best Team before Arinze goes down 2010, Bad Call Marquette 2011, Fine Mess, Fab Melo Fiasco , Final Four last year . . . . we are pretty lucky imo.

ESPN = Big East basketball (back in the day). BE = SYR and G'Town (with a slight shout out to Marco Baldi and the boys). We've always been on the map.

44cuse