are we the story of college basketball this season? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

are we the story of college basketball this season?

Looking at Duke and UNC's recruiting classes for next season(#1 and #3 respectively), and Louisville joining the conference next season, I sure hope we are the story this season. The road isn't going to get any easier. LGO!

Yeah. When does spring football start? I heard the women's softball season has high hopes.
I am talking about the talking heads who have written us off for the final four and dropped us in the polls, and in response to this thread and us being THE story

Yeah, I think we are.

Watching the great JB explosion discussion on ESPN, I started thinking 'Man we are getting a lot of run this year' There was JB, before that as #1, the Ennis shot, SU-Duke in Syr, Undefeated season talk. SU has been the talk of the season for a while now.

It might just be my perspective, but it seems that we have been a focus of national attention for quite a few years now (some good/some not good) - Nat Champ in 2003, Vermont exit, 6 OT game, Best Team before Arinze goes down 2010, Bad Call Marquette 2011, Fine Mess, Fab Melo Fiasco , Final Four last year . . . . we are pretty lucky imo.
You bring up some good examples, however, most of those things are only known regionally. Most people nationally don't even remember the UVM loss, Arinze Who?, the Marquette NCAAT game (it was only the 2nd round, after all) or even Fab Melo. What most people remember is that we had some really good regular seasons and only 1 NC. I can't tell you how many people get surprised when I start reeling off stats about our success in March.

I bet if you asked most fans of the ACC programs about the above list, they will only know about 2003, Bernie Fine and last year - maybe the 6OT game.

You bring up some good examples, however, most of those things are only known regionally. Most people nationally don't even remember the UVM loss, Arinze Who?, the Marquette NCAAT game (it was only the 2nd round, after all) or even Fab Melo. What most people remember is that we had some really good regular seasons and only 1 NC. I can't tell you how many people get surprised when I start reeling off stats about our success in March.

I bet if you asked most fans of the ACC programs about the above list, they will only know about 2003, Bernie Fine and last year - maybe the 6OT game.

Ya half the people I run into thought they won a NC with Coleman.

I am talking about the talking heads who have written us off for the final four and dropped us in the polls, and in response to this thread and us being THE story
I was actually jumping on your sarcasm bandwagon. LGO.