Are we this year's Colorado? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Are we this year's Colorado?

We don't have to be Colorado because they won less games WITH Prime than we did with our coach who was fired. Prime is a fart inside of a present. It's exciting until you open it and reality comes out. ESPN and college gameday have been AWFUL since 2000. They hype the same SEC teams, and now Deion. I can't stand it. Fran is the opposite of Deion.

Knocking off a brand new TCU game with title game hangover then letting Nebby beat themselves hasn’t aged well. I wonder if they find another win and get to 6 if they don’t pathetically collapse vs Stanford?

This just came in the mail:

5e8b0-17013620455408-1920.jpg

Is it some kind of a hoax?

This just came in the mail:

5e8b0-17013620455408-1920.jpg

Is it some kind of a hoax?
No. They talked about it on PTI recently. Due to the timing of when they print the magazine, the decision was made before Colorado started to slide.

No. They talked about it on PTI recently. Due to the timing of when they print the magazine, the decision was made before Colorado started to slide.

So we are back to the early years of the magazine, when they tended to preview events more than cover what actually happened because of the time it took to get the magazine out.

42798---cover-image.jpg

So we are back to the early years of the magazine, when they tended to preview events more than cover what actually happened because of the time it took to get the magazine out.

42798---cover-image.jpg
Pretty embarrassing for SI

42798---cover-image.jpg
Pretty much. I still subscribe because it's been in the family since my grandfather subscribed from the first issue and they still do really good feature stories. But if you are looking for the latest info, it's not your best bet.

The first ever Sportsman of the Year, (women could forget it) in 1955 was supposed to be William Woodward Jr. Who? He was the owner of the race horse of the year, Nashua. Yes, all he did was 'own'. SI was trying to appeal to the upper classes at the time. Unfortunately, 'Woody II" was shot to death by his wife, a former showgirl, just as they were about to go to press.

SI's managing editor, Sidney James, called an emergency meeting and, after some discussion about whether to feature a dead guy, (with no athletic achievements) as Sportsman of the Year, James simply asked "Who do we have a good picture of?" He was told the art department had taken a real nice portrait of Johnny Podres, who had won the 7th game of the World Series to give the Brooklyn Dodgers the only championship they would ever win. "OK, we'll go with that!"

And thus, Johnny Podres became the first ever Sportsman of the year.

1702832291064.png

Pretty much. I still subscribe because it's been in the family since my grandfather subscribed from the first issue and they still do really good feature stories. But if you are looking for the latest info, it's not your best bet.

I just renewed. The options were for 1, or 3 years. I chose 1 year. I don't even know if they will be publishing a paper version anymore by then. Same with my other mags.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom