Are we underestimating DaJuan's impact? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Are we underestimating DaJuan's impact?

I personally have higher expectations for Coleman then I ever did for AO. Outside of 5 feet from the hoop AO was nothing special, and he was the worst FT shooter of the decade according to ESPN. I respect that within those 5 feet or so he had the highest shooting percentage in the country, but thats pretty one dimensional offensively even for a center of his size, something that also plagued Ricks chances at the NBA. Coleman in due time will bring more versatility to the 5 spot then we saw with AO granted he makes the effort to get into peak shape.

Agree forth played like 30 mpg as a freshmen I thought.

I don't think people realize just how much dribble coleman has added to his game. He is really working hard and developing a bounce.
Rak and Keita could learn a few pointers on that from him. Especially Rak in the offseason.

Listen to the comparisons for himself.
I heard as tall as 6'10 as little as 6'81/2 hope he grows clsoer to the 6'10-7'
Seems like a good kid. Hopefully he's ready to go in the fall.

I don't think people are sleeping on his impact. It think it's more that once a kid signs people move on to the next possible prospect. Combine that with the fact that it's the number 1 recruit in the class and it's all people are gonna talk about. When Coleman gets here in the fall, accompanied by Noel or not, people will talk about him again. I'm excited about the idea of having them both. Coleman using that big body to push people around on both ends and Noel swatting people from behing on defense or flying in for follow-up dunks on offense.
yea I picture coleman clearing space for Rak or Noel to get dunks and rebounds

Who's the last freshman big man to have a serious impact for Syracuse in their first year?
Bill Smith? Seriously, Bouie was good, but after him, you have a point.

Two concerns I have with Coleman are conditioning and the competition he plays against. I do think it will be great to have some bulk inside, regardless of how ready he is for the Big East.

With the experience of the Fab Melo conditioning debacle of 2010-11 behind us, there will be no acceptable excuse if Coleman has an issue with aerobic fitness next season.

I just watched a highlight video of Coleman. Does anyone else see some Elton Brand in him?

1) He's definitely significantly more athletic than Arinze ever was.

2) Slightly less than what Sullinger put up last year? Maybe not quite... Sully put up 17 and 10 as a frosh in the B1G for the #1 team in the country most of the season. Cuse will have way too many offensive weapons back next year for DaJuan to get even 8 ppg... Not to mention if Melo comes back and/or Noel comes... FTR I think Melo is 80% gone
Agreed, more athletic. Quicker, smoother, jumps better. Not as polished on offense as when AO was a senior (I don;t think he has any true 'go to' moves yet) but further along there than a frosh AO. The biggest fundamental difference between AO and DCII however is in how physical they play. AO was a finesse player, did not like fighting for position down low, and was a relatively poor rebounder. DCII is an animal; has a great nose for the ball and will be our best rebounder from the day he joins the team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom