???

• Poll choice...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poll choice...

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Dcuse

All Conference
We had like 15 shots on goal in OT and they had 1 and they win???
It looked like we had 6 50 year olds playing on the defensive end. LONG YEAR AHEAD

Should have doubled Thompson on the winning goal. Albany's plan was just to go right to the net. Marasco had a good game but he forced that shot in the second OT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should have doubled Thompson on the winning goal. Albany's plan was just to go right to the net. Marasco had a good game but he forced that shot in the second OT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem is Megill and Mullins cant guard everybody, Fazio and Carey were absolutely abused all game long, and Wardwell was tryign to make point blank stops he had zero chance of making. Going to need get the other long poles up to speed or its going to be a long year.

We were led to believe that the defense wouldn't be a concern this year. Guess not.

The primary & secondary slides on the GW goal were awful - telegraphed & slow.

Granted it sucked that Hamlin got smoked but the crease man sliding away & leaving the weak side attack wide open on the doorstep was poorly designed/executed.

Mullins was also slow backtracking to Thompson #2. I would liked to have seen an early slide (not from the crease) to support Hamlin & deny Thompson #4.

We were led to believe that the defense wouldn't be a concern this year. Guess not.

Its a problem, a big problem. Might have to go to the Freshmen long sticks they brought in because Fazio and Carey were that bad. To make matters worse we are real thin at short stick D, I thought Ianzito was OK, not great, but he was serviceable. The Drew Jenkins experiment really needs to end, Im sure he is a great kid but hes 4 foot tall and threw away two passes today, he looks so overmatched its not even funny. The good news is Donahue really looks the part and will likely be starting next week, the gig is probably up for Ward.

Seems like Albany was looking to score in that manner several times late in the game, and I can recall SU losing last year on a similar goal.

Granted it sucked that Hamlin got smoked but the crease man sliding away & leaving the weak side attack wide open on the doorstep was poorly designed/executed.

Mullins was also slow backtracking to Thompson #2. I would liked to have seen an early slide (not from the crease) to support Hamlin & deny Thompson #4.
Unfortunately, Hamlin got smoked all day. He needs to step it up or sit down.

Unfortunately, Hamlin got smoked all day. He needs to step it up or sit down.

I guess it was pick your Thompson poison because Megill couldn't cover both 4 & 2.

Edit - Carey & Hamlin were ineffective, I wonder how Mullins would've fared & how dangerous his UA attack man was.

Marasco needs to work from behind the net more often as a feeder. He's better in that role than he is out top as a scorer.

Excellent points, and I agree 100%.

I guess it was pick your Thompson poison because Megill couldn't cover both 4 & 2.

Unfortunately thats exactly what it was, not sure why we didnt try Harris or even that true Freshmen from LI who was a highschool all american.

Albany had a plan when it finally got possession in the second OT. I never sensed that SU had a plan. Near the end of regulation, you could hear Desko saying, "Just pass the ball around for a little bit" and then try to score. Sound strategy.

I liked Matt Pratt's play - scrappy & tough. The close D lost the game today; Wardwell needed to bail them out w/ amazing saves that he didn't have in him.

Huge Tom! (Jeremy) especially looking at today's results.

Yup, a lot of posters over on Laxpower were less then thrilled to hear he left school, they were pretty high on him. Might have to give Palasek a shot, hope we have a few options coming in next year, D'agostino would have been a huge help.

Albany had a plan when it finally got possession in the second OT. I never sensed that SU had a plan. Near the end of regulation, you could hear Desko saying, "Just pass the ball around for a little bit" and then try to score. Sound strategy.

Spot on, he literally said lets get a good shot here and get back if we turn it over. Not exactly aw inspiring.

I thought they did a good job in the first OT making it a 3 on 3 game. They got some good shots that were close. The second OT fit your description - undisciplined & impatient.

They doubled Lyle.

Problem was, he dished off to Miles.

Well, at least face offs weren't a problem.

And the man-up unit looked good.

Wardwell had a forgettable outing.

we should've closed the deal OT1. had every opportunity but couldn't put the ball on cage.

we should've closed the deal OT1. had every opportunity but couldn't put the ball on cage.

We had shots at the end of regulation, and all of OT1. Wasted too many opportunities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom