Arinze is an official NBA player | Syracusefan.com

Arinze is an official NBA player

played 2 min so far. 2 boards 1 assist and +9!

no james southerland yet. he isnt in the box score... did he dress?

MCW - obviously playing great

I saw Southerland in the box score before the game started but he disappeared.

Wasn't AO an academic honor roll guy quite a few times? I remember he was a very good student.

Not sure, but I was referencing that Kentucky doesn't study at all. Or attend class. Or even have class.

Not sure, but I was referencing that Kentucky doesn't study at all. Or attend class. Or even have class.

I know, I got that it just reminded me that AO was a good student or at least if my memory is accurate.

He certainly was on the academic honor roll. He took his studies very seriously. Actually pushed me a few times to get my work done... go figure.

Thats great to hear. He always came across as an inteligent guy and it certainly showed the way he played the middle. Something under rated about Arinze was how well he occupied rebounders and made it easy for our forwards to grab them. He was one of the best at occupying players and cutting off rebounding angles out of the zone which is difficult due to the nature of our defense.

I saw Southerland in the box score before the game started but he disappeared.

Dirty is on the inactive list . . . still with the team, but a bus ticket to Ft. Wayne is probably in his future

He certainly was on the academic honor roll. He took his studies very seriously. Actually pushed me a few times to get my work done... go figure.

I remember being in several extra-help sessions with Arinze...probably 20-30 people in there and he was always asking questions, taking notes, etc. I was pretty impressed by his attitude. Never "too-cool-for-school" like a lot of athletes.

Looks like he had a pretty good effort last night. 1-3, 5 rebounds, 3 assists in 15 minutes. Too bad they couldn't steal the W.

Super stoked for AO. My aunt and uncle sat at a table with him at the Basket Ball a few years ago and absolutely adored him. He seems like such a great dude.

It's one guy, but Brandon Knight was a fantastic student.

But awesome for AO; they did a who we play for segment on NBA TV and no one knew what team he was on. But way to keep at it for him. Even if he does nothing else he played in the NBA. Pretty cool

I'm proud of AO, he was a good friend of mine and frequent study partner during my time on the Hill. One of the nicest guys you'll meet and even harder worker. It's well deserved.
I saw AO at the LeMoyne basketball games a few times as he was good friends with one of their players. He would always sit in the front row with his gray Cuse hoodie on and would be more than happy to pose for photos for people. Seemed like a real stand up guy. It was extremely unfortunate how his Cuse career ended but very happy for him that he has worked hard to get to where he is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom