Arizona fires Rich Rod / hires Kevin Sumlin | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Arizona fires Rich Rod / hires Kevin Sumlin

Zach Barnett‏ @zach_barnett
He's no longer Arizona's head coach, but Rich Rodriguez is still continuing his duties as the AFCA's president including speaking at the General Session tomorrow afternoon, per AFCA spokesman.

So they did the wise thing and canceled Briles from speaking but they let Rodriguez speak.

I keep having this feeling that they try to get Dino. They have went through several candidates so far without any luck.
Hope I’m wrong.

Very good hire.
Good chance that I’ll catch a game in Tucson this coming fall.

Thank Goodness!! Good hire and now I’m not worried about Dino.

While they are still high, I think the expectations at Zona are a lot more reasonable than they are at aTm.

I have good friends that are Aggies, they just retired, moved to College Station and have gotten involved in the community. They are season ticket holders in football and know several VERY BIG donors. The donors are expecting very big things from Jimbo.

Jimbo has already let it be known that he believes he will need to clean house - I personally believe Jimbo said this to temper expectations while he recruits his own players.

Regardless, the donors and AD are expecting SEC West Division titles, an SEC title periodically and a shot at the NC. Reminds me of UT fans expecting to compete for the title annually...maybe not quite that high, but close enough.