Arizona State 43 USC 22 | Syracusefan.com

Arizona State 43 USC 22

CuyahogaCuse

2nd String
Not exactly world beaters on the road, are they? Barkley looked human. First win by ASU over USC in 12 tries.

We're not there yet, but with continued improvement, I think we're going to be in a much more competitive game with them next year in New Jersey. If that game were in the Dome, I'd almost lean on counting it as a win, but we've already beaten that dead horse.

That game was weird. USC took the lead 22-21 in the 3rdQ then ASU scored on the next drive and blew the game open after that. USC just gave up in the 4Q.

Some USC players are like the Texas Longhorns and have no heart when they get knocked down. When they are ahead they are confident and cocky but if you punch them hard enough they fall like a fighter with a glass chin.

Was at the game and I thought when USC took the lead they would win. Side note tailgated before and ASU fans were nice. Good food and beer. Wore my syracuse shirt and hat. Had a few USC fans talk a lil shitt. Overall good atmosphere.

Some USC players are like the Texas Longhorns and have no heart when they get knocked down. When they are ahead they are confident and cocky but if you punch them hard enough they fall like a fighter with a glass chin.

I agree; that's why I wasn't so thrilled with our loss last week. I thought if we had a quick start (as in last year's Washington game), SC's guys would roll over.

If we hadn't settled for the opening field goal, then either made the easy interception or not gotten the late hit penalty on their opening drive, I think we had a great shot at a win. 14-0 would've put SC into a really bad position. We saw how they play with a deficit last night.

I agree; that's why I wasn't so thrilled with our loss last week. I thought if we had a quick start (as in last year's Washington game), SC's guys would roll over.

If we hadn't settled for the opening field goal, then either made the easy interception or not gotten the late hit penalty on their opening drive, I think we had a great shot at a win. 14-0 would've put SC into a really bad position. We saw how they play with a deficit last night.

Yeah, we have to score some TD's that close to put teams on their heels and it hurts when we don't. I think Kiffin's a terrible coach who for some reason has been blessed to coach a team with a lot of talent. I'd love to have the 4/5 star players but sometimes these kids have looked at their press clippings too much and and don't want to do the things needed to win. I saw Bryce Brown (KState) go up the middle for a pass and it was a little behind him, he just continued on to avoid reaching and getting popped. He was a big time Kiffin recruit at Tennessee.