Arizona vs. Michigan today | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Arizona vs. Michigan today

AWFUL CALL

It looked like good defense to me. Its not impeding when the offensive player initiates the contact. Should have been a no call, make Johnson make a play don't give him 2 free bees

Im mentally DONE with officitating in College Basketball. The refs GAVE that game to Arizona with the phantom call on nick johnson

this is bullshit

Meh. The team that makes its pressure free throws deserves to win. Bad possession by Michigan when down 1; they had a chance to win but didn't make the plays.

Im mentally DONE with officitating in College Basketball. The refs GAVE that game to Arizona with the phantom call on nick johnson

this is bullshit
It's not even fun to watch anymore. More often than not, bs like that is what decides a great game.

Meh. The team that makes its pressure free throws deserves to win. Bad possession by Michigan when down 1; they had a chance to win but didn't make the plays.
Completely disagree. This isn't the NBA. Players making plays isn't so easily done. AZ had an awful had possession and got bailed out by the refs. That call decided this game. It happens all the time in college basketball.

this is how you win a game at the line 14-15 for Zona today.

It was a bad call but I Agee with this. Michigan could have won but had some bad posesons down the stretch before that call and the shot by Stock is after those ft's was bad considering they had plenty of time less.

Completely disagree. This isn't the NBA. Players making plays isn't so easily done. AZ had an awful had possession and got bailed out by the refs. That call decided this game. It happens all the time in college basketball.

I don't think that was an awful possession at all; curious why you think that.

As for the call, it looked good live, shaky on the end-court replay. Michigan had a great chance to make a play down one and took a very bad shot; that, not the call, decided the game.

College officiating stinks. This (I only caught the last 9:00) wasn't exactly evidence of that.

I'd love to see another replay of the McGary foul; I just don't think that call was decisive by any stretch.

It didnt decide the game. It gave Zona the lead, they turned around, and made 8 straight FT's, miss even one of them, and Michigan tied the game at the end.

Do you think we make 8 straight on the road to stay ahead in a game? because I dont.

this is how you win a game at the line 14-15 for Zona today.

Michigan almost got away with better numbers - that stretch where McGary (a poor free-throw shooter) hit four in a row was huge for them.

I was pulling for Arizona all the way. Screw Big Blue. I thought the officiating was very inconsistent. Both teams got and lost calls that should have gone the other way. Arizona is very impressive. Their whole team is almost as cool as Ennis.
Whether we get number one is not important until the end of the year.

I was pulling for Arizona all the way. Screw Big Blue. I thought the officiating was very inconsistent. Both teams got and lost calls that should have gone the other way. Arizona is very impressive. Their whole team is almost as cool as Ennis.
Whether we get number one is not important until the end of the year.
Yes it is.

RECRUITING.

Yes it is.

RECRUITING.

Our recruting has more or less been who we want is who we get for the last 3 years, being#1 over #2 on Monday will make zero difference in our recruiting pitches.

Libero2 said:
Our recruting has more or less been who we want is who we get for the last 3 years, being#1 over #2 on Monday will make zero difference in our recruiting pitches.

I agree. Kids are not committing because we hit #1 in the polls

Complain all you want here...Michigan had the lead for all but what, 5 minutes. Michigan had chances to push the lead but couldn't, and Zona fought back and won it.

In a vacuum, no, being #1 on Monday isn't going to get us a bunch of 5 star commits but sustained success is why we are recruiting the way we are.

#1 gets way more pub than #2 and it certainly helps recruiting. I really don't understand why people keep acting like it doesn't matter. It does.

Michigan was up by as many as 11 points. They could not close it out. Watching the game it is apparent that both these teams are rather pedestrian and can be beaten like circus monkey by Syracuse.

Flacusian said:
Michigan was up by as many as 11 points. They could not close it out. Watching the game it is apparent that both these teams are rather pedestrian and can be beaten like circus monkey by Syracuse.

Arizona missed so many easy baskets inside. They are a good team but beatable as are we. Should be a fun next 3 months

I'd be very surprised if our recruiters didn't mention that we recently had a #1 ranking and #1 seed in the NCAA. Players want to be #1. Being #1 can only help - it generates a positive impression as a winner and lots more positive publicity. I'm very sure that Malachi was aware of SU being #1 recently. How big a factor was it? Probably not that much, but to think it doesn't help is naive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom