Arizona - Xavier | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Arizona - Xavier

Just an absolutely brutal loss for Arizona. Up 8 with 4 minutes left to an 11 seed and lose. Glad I'm not a zona fan tonite.

An 11 seed that barely made the tournament. I'm not surprised at all. I just never thought Zona was that good. Won a ton of games in a top-heavy conference.

i get tired of the Pac hate too sometimes, as I think you do. They just don't stay up late enough to know that hoops are pretty good out left.

It's not hate for me. I used to live in Phoenix, and followed the PAC 10 when I was out there. I think everyone agrees that Arizona, Oregon and UCLA are good teams, but they are racking up crazy win totals against teams that aren't very good. The PAC 10/12 hasn't won a title in a long time. 1997 Arizona maybe? UCLA had a good 3 year run from 2006-2008, I think but nothing since. It's really a two-team conference, with Oregon recently becoming pretty good.

Sean Miller is still 8th among active coaches in NCAA Tournament winning percentage. That's pretty damn good. He'll make a Final Four very soon.[/QUOT Millers Salary $4,535,664

I'd assert if Miller didn't have his Book, that'd be a so-so program down there

They aren't a scrub team,but they are an 11 seed, you have a 7 point lead late, no excuses. We would be jumping off bridges if it happened to us.

excellent right. No excuse for them to collapse like that. The bracket was completely theirs and the final four was in Arizona. Epic gag job

If Arizona was going to win, this could have been the year. Lost to one of the worst Xavier teams that Mack has had.

I seem to remember it being 70-70 last night in the last minute, had a few big yawns, remember telling myself to hang in there... then I woke up on my couch this morning at 6:00. Totally missed the ending.

True but X isn't some damn scrub. The better team won tonight much like South Carolina VS Duke the other day.
Do you really think Xaxier is better than Zona? This is like the worst team Xacier has had in 3 years. Arizona completely played down to Xavier and lost a game that was theirs for the taking. I give Xavier credit because they played their heart out but they aren't better than Zona.

I like Sean Miller and think he is one of the best young head coaches in the country. Having said that he needs to punch through and get to a final 4 soon given the level of talent he has been able to recruit there.

Hilarious that Zona failed - again. So many people around here consider Arizona to be better than Syracuse. Haha. I think I'll wear my '03 National Championship shirt tomorrow. Lot's of long faces in Phoenix.

An 11 seed that barely made the tournament. I'm not surprised at all. I just never thought Zona was that good. Won a ton of games in a top-heavy conference.

If Butler didn't completely blow it down the stretch, we would have been in over xavier.

I like Sean Miller and think he is one of the best young head coaches in the country. Having said that he needs to punch through and get to a final 4 soon given the level of talent he has been able to recruit there.
He's older than Mike Hopkins.

Man, it'd be nice if you showed the same amount of love and respect to Boeheim and the 'cuse on their Final 4 run last year. Xavier barely made it into the tourney at all this year, like the Orange last year. Didn't you say the reason that we beat Virginia was because they forgot how to play basketball? I suppose you could just write this off as AZ forgetting how to play basketball in the final 4 minutes too, but from your posts on Mack and Xavier make that seem very unlikely. It's crazy to me that it's a fight to get Syracuse fans respect and acknowledge the success of our own program more so then a random program having a successful tourney.

Xavier was a stone cold lock before their best player got hurt in February. Lost 6 of 8 after that which put them in a precarious position.

Losing to Xavier of all teams must have really stung Sean Miller. Xavier was the high performing stepping stone program that he left to go to Arizona.

Do you really think Xaxier is better than Zona? This is like the worst team Xacier has had in 3 years. Arizona completely played down to Xavier and lost a game that was theirs for the taking. I give Xavier credit because they played their heart out but they aren't better than Zona.

Of course Arizona is better. I'll say it again that Xavier was better yesterday, however. They were running beautiful stuff on offense and gang rebounding.

They were running beautiful stuff on offense and gang rebounding.
yep once a team is doing that there's no chance to beat them, no matter how good you are

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom