Arkansas vs. Syracuse 1995 (NCAA 2nd Round) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Arkansas vs. Syracuse 1995 (NCAA 2nd Round)

The only time I ever saw my father physically show displeasure after a loss (consider he's a Red Sox fan as well) was after Jackson missed the final three and he pounded his hands on the floor. That game and the Butler loss are easily the two worst since I've been a fan (only remember back to 1989).

I was on spring break in Panama City Beach for that game.

Every time Arkansas did something positive I heard cheers and every time Cuse did something I cheered. Towards the end of the game someone banged on my wall and yelled, "shut the !"

After the game, three gold old boys walked into my room sporting wranglers and turkey platter belt buckles. After a couple of Labatt's we became fast friends.

I spent the rest of the week with my new found friends and was affectionately referred to as 'Cuse the entire time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The only time I ever saw my father physically show displeasure after a loss (consider he's a Red Sox fan as well) was after Jackson missed the final three and he pounded his hands on the floor. That game and the Butler loss are easily the two worst since I've been a fan (only remember back to 1989).

I'm also a Red Sox fan and Syracuse basketball fan. The only two teams I follow in any sport. Both Smart and Buckner I was a little too young for. Game 6 of that series affected me harder because my parents are both die hard Sox fans and it was as if a family member died. Syracuse was my thing I picked up in 1st grade so I had no one to share it with. For me the Butler loss and Aaron Boone's home run are the two worst sports moments of my life and there isn't a third moment that comes close.

If Moten keeps his head SU's path the Final Four was #6 Memphis and #4 UVA. I still think they would have lost to the Stackhouse/Wallace UNC team in the Final Four.

Boeheim doesn't immediately react which makes me think that he instructed the players that no one calls a time out but him. You can hear him say to the ref he didn't call a timeout then the refs says Moten did. I bet Boeheim didn't see it because he was looking at Jackson with the ball. According to an assistant for Dean Smith back in the day Coach Smith didn't allow players to call timeouts after the 10 minute mark in the 2nd half. According to this assistant NC was doing end game situation stuff in practice the year they beat Michigan and in an end game situation Brian Reese got trapped and called timeout and Smith yelled at him no one but me calls timeouts in the end of games and stopped the entire practice to discuss it. Kind of ironic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom