Arriving Players Thread... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Arriving Players Thread...

Pay side says Qadir is arriving shortly... Jawhar Jordan, No - never signed.. Hopefully we grab him after he proves his academics in JUCO... (speculation. The fastest man in the west has just a touch more academics to work on) Howard is freakishly athletic. He may be the real steal of the class. Dixon is no slouch, so should challenge. All set, however it works out.
Jawhar Jordan will never play at SU or any other P5 school.

Howard seems physically ready. We'll have to see how the other stuff works out. I'm not going to be surprised if he earns meaningful snaps by mid season. With both Adams and Howard in the mix, next year? Ohh boy.
Everyone said the same thing about Markenzy Pierre last year.

Strick and Moe are both good RBs. Now that the line knows how to open up lanes, we can finally have a running game.

Howard seems physically ready. We'll have to see how the other stuff works out. I'm not going to be surprised if he earns meaningful snaps by mid season. With both Adams and Howard in the mix, next year? Ohh boy.
Physically ready’s half the battle, our system relies on the running back picking up blitzes and calling out the defensive adjustments

Strick and Moe are both good RBs. Now that the line knows how to open up lanes, we can finally have a running game.

I hope this is true, but it's certainly interesting that you state this as fact, when prior evidence is to the contrary.

Physically ready’s half the battle, our system relies on the running back picking up blitzes and calling out the defensive adjustments
Absolutely. Just excited for the kid. He's going to be a good one. Check out his pancake at 1:07. Enough to make an o-lineman jealous.

I hope this is true, but it's certainly interesting that you state this as fact, when prior evidence is to the contrary.
The running game got a LOT better during the middle part of last season, up until Strick got hurt. Moe did a decent job after that, but you could tell the switch was flipped once the O-Line really had it figured out.

Jawhar Jordan will never play at SU or any other P5 school.

1F45F7B8-AAAE-4B3B-8067-9CB459A3420D.png

Neal is a quality RB, Strickland lacks vision.

Some people said that about Pierre last year, I’d have to go back and watch but I thought he was more of a downhill power rb. Howard’s film is completely different. He has a little wiggle in his game and a burst that I think seperates him from Pierre. Though it’s a shame he fumbled his first carry or he would’ve got more touches last year and then who knows. I think he’s still solidly in the mix..

Last edited:

I wouldn’t volunteer to rewatch any of the last three games - but it did appear that the line and RBs figured something out.

That’s a heck of a goof. How would they even have his name in the first place to make the goof ? Smh
Smells of the usual Syracuse PR SNAFU. My guess is that its supposed to say Cameron Jordan. But you know, Ishmael Ishmeal Cameron Jawhar...who cares? Just details that if anyone thinks they matter needs to get a life.

That’s a heck of a goof. How would they even have his name in the first place to make the goof ? Smh

I should say I am surprised but honestly I am not. This is the same group of people who got the name wrong on a jersey retirement for a famous player, then misspelled another persons name and have made numerous other mistakes/gaffs over the years. I think the new blood in the AD's office is trying to clean the mess up but old habits die hard apparently.

Not me. If Howard can start given his inexperience with the schemes etc etc then it's because he's really good and that's what we need. I'm talking Saquan Barkley's 6 start true freshmam campaign when he carried182 for 1076. Nobody worried about the RBs above him.

When I see "insert freshman RB here" starting for a top 20 team they're usually really good. I don't care about the veterans lack of progress, I want a RB to explode on the scene and seize the job. It's the difference between our offense finally taking off or not.

And don't get me wrong I love Neal but I long for a game changer at the position.
Is Jarveon Howard expected on campus this fall?

Neal is a quality RB, Strickland lacks vision.

Some people said that about Pierre last year, I’d have to go back and watch but I thought he was more of a downhill power rb. Howard’s film is completely different. He has a little wiggle in his game and a burst that I think seperates him from Pierre. Though it’s a shame he fumbled his first carry or he would’ve got more touches last year and then who knows. I think he’s still solidly in the mix..
I’d argue Strickland has vision but has lacked a solid O line. He catches passes in the backfield and makes the defense miss. His play vs Clemson was outstanding. He just needs an o line that can open up the d for him

Wa
I’d argue Strickland has vision but has lacked a solid O line. He catches passes in the backfield and makes the defense miss. His play vs Clemson was outstanding. He just needs an o line that can open up the d for him
Watch replays. He lacks vision.

Wa

Watch replays. He lacks vision.
I have season tickets, every saturday I watched the “lets run Strickland at NFL d linemen and linebackers and pray our inexperienced sophomore linemen open up a hole” show.

He’s not Leveon Bell. Im willing to bet his vision magically improved now that our lines healthy and experienced.

I think he missed numerous holes, seams and creases all season long and has a habit of putting his head down to just push forward into the pile. There's no debating the OLine but I believe Strickland left a lot yards out there to be had.

I think he's better catching passes out in space and that's why the staff started splitting him out.

Behind the same line:
Neal avg 5.3
Strickland avg 3.8

To all the "there were holes" arguments, you have to think about this. If you see a hole in the B or C gap on a dive because interior linemen got beat across there face, then it isn't a knock against the RB. Not everyone can be Leveon Bell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom